401 (Unauthorized)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 401 (Unauthorized)

A user was trying to log in and incorrect typed in their password and now no one can log into the main portion of the CRM (portals still work). We have been using the system for a few months now and loving it. We are getting this error in the console:

http://www.*********.com/crm/api/v1/Activities/action/popupNotifications 401 (Unathorized)

Here is the server error_log:
    [02-Sep-2017 16:24:48 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
    [02-Sep-2017 21:24:49 UTC] The The "add_to_cart_fragments" hook uses out of date data structures and function is deprecated since version 3.1.2. Replace with woocommerce_add_to_cart_fragments.
    [02-Sep-2017 17:10:51 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
    [02-Sep-2017 22:10:53 UTC] The The "add_to_cart_fragments" hook uses out of date data structures and function is deprecated since version 3.1.2. Replace with woocommerce_add_to_cart_fragments.

Here is the Espo log:
    [2017-09-02 22:00:16] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: , Code: 403 URL: /crm/api/v1/portal-access/599cfe1b2f85fd1ad/Activities?from=2017-08-27%2000:00&to=2017-09-03%2000:00&scopeList=Meeting%2CCall%2CTask [] []

This is very odd. I ended up making a copy of the database and moved the CRM into that database. Everything worked great again until someone logged in using an inccorect password. Once that happens EVERYONE gets the 401 Auth error.

We can all still log into the Portals.

Comment

It's very strange. Could you reproduce this error on the http://demo.espocrm.com/basic/.
      Job Offers and Requests

Comment

Not at all. I did find this error in the log file today. Might have something to do with it?

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Never mind. That cannot be what is causing it. Those are just entities within the other entity that don't exist anymore. Removing those and that should get rid of the error I posted in the pastebin.

Here is a log of the console when another user tries to log in:

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Hostgator interference?

We paid for the extensions a few weeks ago and our company is about to invite a lot of portal users so I want to ensure this doesn't hinder performance. Any recommendations at all? Should I get a dedicated server just for the CRM? Hostgators shared server seems to be enough for now, but if it is interfering with the CRM then we may need to move it. Thanks for any ideas at all. I am out of them right now.

Comment

Hello
              Other user logins in the same browser (on the same PC)?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response. It is happening again and more frequently. Doesn't matter what user I use on the same computer. Everyone gets locked out of the site with the same auth error. Different browsers and computers. Same when in incognito.
                Last edited by bradaks; 10-02-2017, 02:50 AM.

Comment

I tried to duplicate this on the demo but due to the lack of capability to create portals I cannot. I am at a loss on how to proceed. We love this system and it has been great for us, but we won't be able to use it soon as we add more portal users. Not sure how to proceed.

Comment

It's a bad practice to login different user in the same browser, because authorization information is stored in a browser.
                    Couldn't you to create a portal on demo? Weird, I've created one few minutes ago...

Check also Authentication settings in Administration
                    Last edited by tanya; 10-03-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Tanya,

Thanks for letting me know that. I will definitely stop that practice.

The Auth settings are the standard settings that came with Espo (attached).

Comment

Something new caused the auth error to happen again. This time I went idle and the system kicked me. I got an auth error for a while until it let me in again.

Comment

I am experiencing the exact same problem. And i am unable to solve it.
                          Kindly help.
                          I set it up for my company and it was working beautifully.
                          And now all of a sudden, this '401 Not Authorized' error has shown up on all the devices.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Comment

Hi,
                              did you do any changes on the server? Or modified config file? Or something else, what can cause this problem.
                              Check also server error log

Comment

Working...
                              X