Phone field in custom entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone field in custom entity

Hi I've created several new entities but I can't add any phone (with the work, home, mobile options...) or email fields in thoses.
    Is there any way to add them?

Hello
    If you create entity with type Company or Person - these fields are included.
    These fields are not available for creation in Entity Manager.
    You can do it only manually.
    use application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Account.json (or Contact.json) as example

Comment

Thank for your answer.
      Noob here, I juste need to Duplicate the Account.json and rename it by the name of my entity?

Comment

Just copy this
        Code:
                "emailAddress": {
                    "type": "email"
                },
                "phoneNumber": {
                    "type": "phone",
                    "typeList": ["Office", "Mobile", "Fax", "Other"],
                    "defaultType": "Office"
                },

Comment

Do not copy all the file, because it contains own relations

Comment

Here? httpdocs/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/site.json (My entity is called Site)

Edit : My bad here : httpdocs/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/site.json

Comment

/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Site.json

Comment

Yay works perfectly thanks

Comment

I'm trying to do this with Opportunity, I Inserted the code the json file in the custom folder accordingly but the email field is not working.
                  I have cleared the backend cache, my local cache and restarted apache just to make sure to no avail. Not sure what I am missing.

"emailAddress": { "type": "email" },
                  Last edited by khopper; 12-15-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

The path of your file? Is json valid? Did you Rebuild EspoCRM in Administration?

Comment

• khopper
                      khopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did the rebuild and restarted apache. I also had to remove the email field had originally created before finding this post.

I'm also trying this and running into a little trouble. I have defined two new fields on my custom entity and manually changed the type in the JSON file:

"leadDeliveryPhone": {
                    "type": "phone",
                    "typeList": ["Mobile", "Office", "Home", "Fax", "Other"],
                    "defaultType": "Mobile",
                    "required": false
                    },
                    "leadDeliveryEmail": {
                    "type": "email",
                    "required": false
                    }

The UI renders the fields properly but when I try to submit an edit nothing gets saved on the back end and there are no errors. No data has been put in entity_phone_number for this entity. Is it perhaps required that I call the fields emailAddress and phoneNumber for this to work correctly?

Comment

It looks like that might have been it -- when I use emailAddress and phoneNumber as the names it works fine. I'll work around this with labels, but it does appear you can only have a single email or phone field on an entity because of this. That won't get in my way but might be worth improving.

Comment

Hi, added a phone field, but if I am clicking on it, it does not brings up the espo dialer, it offers me to call through my FaceTime instead, what would be the workaround? Thanks

Comment

• lazovic
                          lazovic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you added a field with the Phone type to a custom entity or some other entity that initially did not have a field with the Phone type when it was created, you will most likely need the following instructions for modifying the EspoCRM code: https://docs.espocrm.com/extensions/...-custom-entity.

Thank you, lazovic

Comment

Working...
                        X