Locked out of my espo install :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out of my espo install :-(

Hi, I hope somebody can help with this ......

I just spent weeks building my CRM and today I setup a few test users > logged out of Espo and now cannot login with any users at all !

The dashboard screen loads for a split second and then I just get 'Auth Error' message showing at the top of the screen !!! I copied all usernames and password so I know they are correct.

I have no idea why this is happening, has anybody seen this problem before ?

Thanks in advance ....

Hi
    Originally posted by Espoiscool View Post
    I copied all usernames and password so I know they are correct.
    Did you copy data from database of another instance?

Comment

I have had the same issue with espocrm the first time I installed it. I think my issue was related to using very complex passwords (keepass generated) with symbols like "{`'~° etcetera. Also, the password was quite long. Maybe espocrm couldn't deal with those kinds of complex/long passwords so I retried with shorter/less complex passwords and this worked. Maybe you could give it a try. Please report back so that the developers of espocrm are aware that this might be a bug. It should be fixed imho if that's the case. Good luck.

Comment

Hi, I didn't copy data from another Espo instance. Some accounts were imported via the interface but all user accounts were created in the admin page, nothing went directly into the DB. Some passwords were very simple, no special characters. The trigger event did seem to be when I created a new account with a symbol and logged out with admin then tried to login with the new account.

Comment

any weird errors or warnings in espocrm log or apache log?

Comment

This issue seems to have resolved itself so not sure what the problem was. If it happens again I'll check the log files. Am I right in thinking I can't get the Espo logfiles from in the UI, I'll have to get into my webserver ? I guess they are written to a specified folder ?

Comment

Working...
            X