Disabling "Remove" for sales Agent..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling "Remove" for sales Agent..!

Hi, i have a user defined as sales agent with permission to create, view and edit Leads, Accounts and contacts, but i don't want him to be able to remove. By default any created user (like sales agent) is able to delete.

Any Suggestions.............!!!!!!!!!

Create(and assign) a role for sales agents where you disable the delete function...
    ------------------
    Robert Laussegger
    iscon group
    http://www.iscongroup.net
    mailto://info@iscongroup.net

Comment

• bilal
      bilal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your response iscon, i did the same thing already, sales agent is unable to delete from list view, but if sales agent click the and open a record he created and go to details "Remove" is still there and he can remove.

Thanks for your response iscon, i did the same thing already, sales agent is unable to delete from list view, but if sales agent click the and open a record he created and go to details "Remove" is still there and he can remove.

Comment

Can't confirm that... Maybe this user has another role or a team with another role which supersedes it
      ------------------
      Robert Laussegger
      iscon group

Comment

Really, crm has this feature. User, who created an entity and didn't reassign it, can remove the record. It was added to allow the removal of wrongly created entry.
        Last edited by tanya; 10-18-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

This is not good. If there was a wrong entry and the user has no deletion rights then he must inform a supervisor. Imagine a sales rep who leaves the company and deletes all 'his' records. I saw this happening not only once...
          ------------------
          Robert Laussegger
          iscon group

Comment

Originally posted by iscon View Post
            This is not good. If there was a wrong entry and the user has no deletion rights then he must inform a supervisor. Imagine a sales rep who leaves the company and deletes all 'his' records. I saw this happening not only once...
            He could also overwrite contacts with fake info if he has edit rights. I know it's a problem but hard to deal with it unless you work with administrative personnel who are the only ones to do changes to contact info.

Comment

Organisational issues aside: if a user has his deletion rights removed they should be removed. That's why there is an option 'own' in order to allow the manipulation of own records if this is what the organisation desires. Why having a rule if it is not enforceable?
              ------------------
              Robert Laussegger
              iscon group

Comment

Exactly, if he leaves the company he can remove his work, he should not have this right even if he created a wrong entry. Manager/administrator should have that right even if he (sales agent) want to do any corrections, because in my case Manager/admin/supervisor is the one who is responsible to verify his work and details he entered are correct before passed on to the head of department.

Comment

Originally posted by bilal View Post
                  Exactly, if he leaves the company he can remove his work, he should not have this right even if he created a wrong entry. Manager/administrator should have that right even if he (sales agent) want to do any corrections, because in my case Manager/admin/supervisor is the one who is responsible to verify his work and details he entered are correct before passed on to the head of department.
                  Hi Same problem. did you fix this?

Comment

Hello

/application/Espo/Core/Acl/Base.php method checkEntityDelete

There is the main logic.
                    You can override this method here, but you have to check if it works after every upgrade.

Or you can override this method for specific entity

For example, custom Act for Meeting

custom/Espo/Custom/Acl/Meeting.php

PHP Code:
                    namespace Espo\Custom\Acl;

class 
                    Meeting extends \Espo\Modules\Crm\Acl\Meeting
                    {

public function 
                    checkEntityDelete(User $userEntity $entity$data)
                        {

///// code

}

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                      Hello

/application/Espo/Core/Acl/Base.php method checkEntityDelete

There is the main logic.
                      You can override this method here, but you have to check if it works after every upgrade.

Or you can override this method for specific entity

For example, custom Act for Meeting

custom/Espo/Custom/Acl/Meeting.php

PHP Code:
                      namespace Espo\Custom\Acl;

class 
                      Meeting extends \Espo\Modules\Crm\Acl\Meeting
                      {

public function 
                      checkEntityDelete(User $userEntity $entity$data)
                      {
                      ///// code
                      }

Thx! I will try right now ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X