X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email issues: Sync and map sent items to IMAP

Hi there,

I have two questions/problems:

a) The mailbox monitoring works well (personal account, cron job set), but does not fetch all emails. It happens with the Send folder and with INBOX.
    What could be the reason for emails not to be fetched?

b) I need sent emails to be on the IMPA server, too. Even better would be to have them also on Exchange. I set save sent emails, but the sync on IMAP does not work.
    I found an old forum post from 2015 that this will be implemented. Could you please confirm the status and in case it is not implemented yet, an ETA?

Thanks a lot!

Him

a) I don't know what it could be.

b) It's implemented. In Personal Email Account you need to check "Store Sent Emails".

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
      Him

a) I don't know what it could be.
      It is an email from a client. The strange thing is that we sent an email to his organisation which is fetched, but his personal reply not. There are two other email in CC. For the rest it looks like a perfectly normal email. This is all I can find. Where could I look it up?

b) It's implemented. In Personal Email Account you need to check "Store Sent Emails".
      Yes, that is what I activated. Still no copy to the IMAP. What items can I check?

Comment

b) Does email address in personal email account match email address of sent emails, those that supposed to be stored to Sent?

You also can check data/logs. Maybe IMAP server returns some errors.

Comment

b) Does email address in personal email account match email address of sent emails, those that supposed to be stored to Sent?

You also can check data/logs. Maybe IMAP server returns some errors.
          The email (xxx@mydomain.com) matches exactly. Does the name of the sender also have to match exactly? The log does not show an error.

Comment

Name shouldn't match.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. It still does not work.

I tried to change the folder, no difference. In the log there is no entry about IMAP problems. I also called the email provider, but they say all works.

Any additional suggestion is appreciated.

Comment

I am having same exact issue

Comment

Any related errors in server's error log and espocrm log?

Comment

Until now, no. I will check the IMAP Server log later.
                    I only notice that the EspoCRM log hast the last entry 3 days ago. It did not log that I deleted the personal account and re-installed it and changed the folder.
                    I guess this is normal, as there was no error, so I add it as information.

I also installed the update in the meantime, which did not bring a change with the issue at hand.
                    thanks a lot

Comment

A short update here:

a) The problem remains on the first install as described above. The monitoring of the sent folder and inbox works, but sent emails in EspoCRM are not saved.

I do not see an error in the EspoCRM log. The server log of the IMAP does also not show anything that could indicate an error. Like I see the log of sent/received email, but e.g. no login attempt or login error.

b) I installed EspoCRM a second time for another usage case of mine on a different account. I have the same problem:
                      Sent emails from EspoCRM are not on the IMAP.
                      Some emails are not picked up from the mailbox and
                      third some emails that are in the inbox on the IMAP server appear in the sent folder in EspoCRM.

Any help to get around of that is appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Comment

b) Sent folder in EspoCRM shows all email where From Address is one of email addresses of the current users.

If you provide us with an Original Content of not picked email it would be helpful.

Comment

Sure: Now I have a good example. On Sept 23 there was an incoming email from a form. It is not picked up. Neither in Inbox nor in sent folder. I cannot copy the full content but most of it

Subject: New submission from 'Broschüre Die [two removed words one again with an Umlaut =ö] Download'!

Content: The content of the email reproduces the data inserted in the form in a list (no HTML formatting) like

Name: {Name} – {} contains the data
                          Email: {Email}
                          Agree to privacy
                          your message
                          some stats

Our hope was to simply create contacts and leads out of that ...

Edit: The same type of email from the form came also some days earlier. Here the message is picked up in the sent items folder (makes sense as it comes from the info@ email I use for the user, so I will change that). But still sometimes it is picked up, sometimes not.

Thanks a lot for your help
                          Last edited by CRMuser; 10-02-2016, 11:43 AM. Reason: Added more information about the case.

Comment

Original content would help. Maybe email composed not properly . The library we use to parse emails is very strict to standards.

Comment

Original content would help. Maybe email composed not properly . The library we use to parse emails is very strict to standards.
                              Ok, here some modified original content. It is the original content, with the header from my previous post. I changed the name for data protection.

You have a new submission.

Ihr Name: Smith

Ihre Email: msmith@gmx.de

{Subject:caption}: {Subject:value}

Ihre Nachricht an uns: Gibt es auch xxx in xxx?
                              Vielen Dank !

: ich möchte das PDF erhalten

please note: this issue is about b) from my original post.

But the problem of some sent emails are not stored in IMAP sent folder, some sent items on IMAP do not show up in ESPO and some incoming emails are not picked up, are the same on a and b.

Last edited by CRMuser; 10-03-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X