cron job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
    If there was delay it's a good sign. Anything in scheduled job's log? Try to run it one more time.

In crontab use php instead of /usr/local/bin/php

Originally posted by bkny View Post

yes, a minor delay, 1-2 seconds or so before I get the prompt back.
    I've set up a dozen test calls.
    I've manually run " php cron.php " a few DOZENS of times via SSH, no new entries in the logs.

I will try the edit you mention above and see what happens.

Thank you.

I tried the edit for the crontab , no difference, but for the errors I was emailed from my server on the crontab, "php" not found.

I tried running the " php cron.php " a few more times from the command line, same results, minor delay, but no new entries in the crm logs.

I changed my crontab back to reflect the php path again, and no more errors being emailed to me.
    Last edited by bkny; 04-07-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The best thing is to debug starting from cron.php file. But it needs some knowledge of php.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
        The best thing is to debug starting from cron.php file. But it needs some knowledge of php.
        Thank you. I've about run thru my capabilities of what I can do on my own. 52

Comment

I've had some issues with cron not running as well. I use the /etc/cron.d/ directory with a file in it named espocrm. This was what's in it (as recommended by espocrm):

Code:
          * * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /path/to/espocrm/current/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
          I compared to other cron files in that directory and I had to change the line to include the username (the user that should run the script). It should be the user that's owning the file cron.php. So for example if the user bob is owner of the cron.php file, change your cron accordingly:

Code:
          * * * * * bob /usr/bin/php -f /path/to/espocrm/current/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1
          I hope this helps. This did the trick for me and now I have cron running for espo! Sweet.

Comment

Working...
          X