Translation: not all phrases are present in .po file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation: not all phrases are present in .po file

I'm making translation to EspoCRM and I noticed that not all phrases are present in .po file.
    (I'm using instructions from github to generate .po file.)

For example there are no phrases from Import's 'Step 1' and 'Step 2' pages - phrases like What to Import?", "Header Row", etc.
    When I manually add them to /var/www/espocrm/application/Espo/Resources/i18n/ru_RU/Import.json to labels section - some translations are appear, but not all of them. Not translated this way are "Next" on 'Step 1' page; 'Double Quote' and 'Single Quote' on 'Step 1' page (it's not marked as translateable items in corresponding .tpl), 'Duplicates' on result's page. Also it's 'Import' in page header. May be more.

So, can I include those "missing" phrases in .po file? Or it can bug the rest of process and stuff?

They are not specified in the language file. It's a bug. Will be fixed in the next version. It's already available in github repository.
    Last edited by yuri; 02-23-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Can you contribute the translation to EspoCRM?

Comment

Sure, but it's a bit raw still, I need some time to finish it.

Comment

1. Import.
          Need to add to Import.json:
          labels:
          "Step 1": "Step 1"
          "Step 2": "Step 2"

Also if to add to Import.json (section labels) - "Imported": "Imported" - it translate word "Imported" on page where results of Import are shown (Imported, Duplicates and Updated info).
          But if to add here "Duplicates": "Duplicates" - it not translateable word "Duplicates" on same page. I can not find where it's declared.

Also need to do something with "Double Quote" and "Single Quote". It's in client/res/templates/import/step-1.tpl file and need to be translateable too.

Also head title of page is "Import" and do not want to be translated

2. Calendar.
          Can not find how to translate words "Meeting", "Call" and "Task" which are in dropdown menu right from button "Day" in upper right corner.

3. Time units.
          Files
          client/src/views/fields/duration.js
          client/modules/crm/src/views/meeting/fields/reminders.js
          have d, h and m (for days, hours, minutes). Need to be translateable too
          Last edited by Galaxy Express; 02-24-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

"Import" is in Global scopeNames category.

Reminder can be translated. I see it translated in other languages. Others are already fixed. BTW you can also fix on gihhub and make a pull request.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn
              "Import" is in Global scopeNames category.
              By "head title of page" I mean text in browser's tab.
              I've found where it is - it's line 64 of file client/src/views/import/index.js :
              Code:
              this.setPageTitle(this.getLanguage().translate('Import'));
              if change to:
              Code:
              this.setPageTitle(this.getLanguage().translate('Import', 'labels', 'Admin'));
              it's work.
              Well, it's kinda looks like it work i think.

Originally posted by yurikuzn
              BTW you can also fix on gihhub and make a pull request.
              My whole git experience is only about a week or so.
              And I'm not programmer of any kind. I can only cut and composite code if I see logic.

Updated:
              Also need fix:
              1. application/Espo/Resources/i18n/en_US/Admin.json
              line 22:
              "Potal": "Portal", --> "Portal": "Portal",

2. application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/i18n/en_US/Portal.json
              line 3:
              "articles": "Knlowledge Base Articles" --> "articles": "Knowledge Base Articles"

I'll read about git.
              Last edited by Galaxy Express; 02-25-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will fix.

Comment

hi everyone
                  we're trying to translate the app into Persian. we have translated the project in this link: https://poeditor.com/projects/po_edi...e=126&id=58283 . exported PO file, but when uploading on server, there's actually no translation. can anyone please help?
                  thanks

Comment

hello
                    EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                    X