Showing all related emails in case related list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing all related emails in case related list

Hi, i want to show all the attached email of a case in related list instead of History Section. Does any one have any idea of that how can i achieve this

Emails should have set parent field to this case. You can also create report panel which will show all emails based on your settings.

Comment

• abhilash.kumar.niit
      abhilash.kumar.niit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, email has parent id but it is not showing in the bottom panel i have created a one to many relation in case object which belongs to the emails but on case detail no email is shown

Yes, email has parent id but it is not showing in the bottom panel i have created a one to many relation in case object which belongs to the emails but on case detail no email is shown
    No additional relationships are needed. emillod​ is talking about the Report Panel. Report Panel can be displayed both in Side or Bottom.

So, you need to do the following:
    1. Create a Report in the Email entity (in my example it is a List, but it can also be a Grid) as shown in screenshot 1.
    2. Create a Report Panel in Administration > Report Panels (screenshot 2), where:​
    - Entity Type is Case.
    - Report is the report created in the previous step.
    - Type is Bottom.
    3. Go to any Case that is Parent for at least one email and refresh the page (screenshot 3). If the panel does not appear after refreshing the page, try clicking Rebuild Panels in Administration > Report Panels.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the kind help Victor.
      I have successfully created the reports and report panel as per your instructions. now i am able to show the report panel on case detail page, but the problem i am having is it is not showing the emails.
      Last edited by abhilash.kumar.niit; 09-30-2024, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• victor
        victor commented
        Editing a comment
        So you did something wrong, because everything works fine for me.
        Read the instructions very carefully and pay special attention to the fact that the Email entity is used for the List Report. The Report Panel is formed by the Case entity, but at the same time uses the List Report formed by the Email entity.
    Working...
    X