Ideas for filtering records to use them for comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for filtering records to use them for comparison

I created a database, which hosts a number of softwares with many fields about features of each software. In general it is a comparison database to help users to find the adequate software for their purpose.
    We want to provide a kind of checklist based on the specific needs of interested users, so that they can mark features they need, that would correspond to the fields in the database.
    Then a filled in checklist should create the filters to find those softwares, which correspond the most with the user`s needs.

I have a general idea to realize that, but would like to hear opinions, what would be the best way for such a solution.

I think telecast was selling an extension like this some time ago.

But, If I had to do something similar I would create a filter for each category and "reuse" the merge feature (to custom code a comparison feature) to show the differences.
    Last edited by Kharg; 09-13-2024, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Very hard to do with just the GUI in my opinion.

You will need to rely on some sort of extension. I think you are still in the learning phasing and won't be able to code it yourself right?

If I'm force to try and do this, I would mix Filter list and Formula searching. But it be slow and only someone like myself and use, training another user to understand will be difficult challenge.

Comment

Working...
      X