Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Mapping one case to another cases

Hi team,

i want to map email one case to another case how we can do this ??

It's not entirely clear what exactly you're trying to do. It should be described in more detail.
    As far as I understand, you want to change the Parent field of one of the emails from Case A to Case B (scrrenshot 1).​
    Attached Files

Comment

Suppose there is task and for that task a case for eg. "Case001" is created and there are mails attached to that case and when task is completed the case gets closed. After somedays there is a change related to the "Case001" now for changes a new case "Case002" gets created so all the mails of the previous case "Case001" should get linked to new case "Case002".

Comment

Not possible using any GUI. Email and parent can only be Many to One at the moment.

You can try making new relationship and you can't modify the layout within the GUI.

You only choices are:

1) Formula - will be a hassle getting it to work easily. You would need to do something like. Writing this on top of my head as an idea, and it is not the formula itself!
        if entity=new && attributechanged (linkedcased), findrecord (CaseOriginal, case, listrelationship, update relationship (LinkedCase)

2) Advance Pack (workflow, paid extension), what what I read this is semi-easily done using this method. It got drag and drop, logic field and update feature, etc. Making it much easier to do.

Comment

Working...
        X