Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass email: way needed to 'mark' person as unsubscribed (not just out of campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass email: way needed to 'mark' person as unsubscribed (not just out of campaign)

Hello.

Afaik, every European user of Espo (everyone targeting European receivers of mass email) needs a way to make it so that when a receiver of a mass email clicks the opt-out-link, no mass mails will ever be sent to that person/contact again. I have searched, but can't find how to do that with EspoCRM. I can only find Espo will exclude that email address from future emails within the Campaign.

GDPR demands this. So please add this option. Maybe exposing the opt-out-clicking, or enabling linking the clicking to a field on a person/contact and being able to configure how such a field would get a certain value, so one can use that field to exclude that person/contact from all emails. Or maybe dev's think of a better way.

If there is a way to accomplish this, i would appreciate the mass email doc on opt-out ( https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/mass-email/#opt-out ) to be extended about how to do that.

Thank you,

Raoul.

Hi,

In the link you posted:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	50
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	109789

Comment

the thread author is right. It is not sufficient following DSGVO (GDPR) in Germany to mark data only unavailable on opt-out. This data must be deleted completely, also in database.
      I achieve that by a formula to delete the record, which is triggered after opt-out.

Unfortunately this is mandatory in Germany (and as far as I know in all Europe).

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess that could be done with advanced back there is a signal optOut.Lead.{$id} a start process to delete the recipient who has opted-out.
    Working...
    X