Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email-2-Case via MAPI Configuration recommendations

Hello,

We've got ESPO running on Windows Server using XAMP.

We're able to send emails via SMTP, and we can send them from the Case, but I'd like to receive emails and have them in the Stream. It would vastly improve our Case experience.

As far as I can tell that would be achieved via MAPI, which is enabled\configured but errors out.

I'm not sure if this is due to XAMP and lack of MAPI Support or some other issue\configuration I should be aware of. There's not a lot of documentation on this matter that I can find.

I don't know how advanced we want to get with Workflows or custom email, we mostly just want to send and receive emails from Cases, which we've re-purposed as Tickets.

With appreciation,

If the SMTP is working then i am sure that you didn't configure the IMAP properly, might be username or password wrong. you can check the log to understand what is wrong with the IMAP configuration. Also there are few providers that would block you from using the IMAP on we application like the one in france OVH.
    Rabii
    Web Dev | Freelancer

Comment

• Zoltar
      Zoltar commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm certainly open to the idea that we are not configured correctly, however I've exhausted my options in terms of what that might be. I am certain of the Login Credentials and 365 MAPI configuration, but things start to get muddy when dealing with the ESPO\XAMP Setup that we have, I am not seeing any MAPI log or way to verify. There's just a red pop up that says "Error 500" at the top of the page when using the "test" button on the MAPI tab.

I'll try to find a log of some kind that might provide some more detail, or if someone knows where that is I'd love the assist!

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      If it is 365 then it won't work. Microsoft have changed how to authenticate to their IMAP server. You would need an extension outlook extension should do the job.

also keep in mind that the log could be found in within the application under folder (data/logs). But just to save you time and trouble, it won't work for 365 and you will need outlook extension

Outlook Integration is an official add-on for EspoCRM. Outlook Integration includes: Outlook Calendar sync Outlook Contacts integration OAuth support for email accounts Release notes are available here.  Try a personal demo with Outlook Integration.
    Rabii
    Web Dev | Freelancer

Comment

Working...
    X