Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several PDFs are downloaded as a ZIP file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several PDFs are downloaded as a ZIP file.

Hello everyone,

I somehow remember that if I select several entries in the list view, then select -> Print as PDF from the menu, a PDF file with several pages is output.

But currently all PDFs are automatically downloaded as a single ZIP file.

Is there somewhere to deactivate this or is it intentional?

I use this function to print labels from the entries.
    But if I then receive 20 individual PDFs in a ZIP file, that's a lot of work again.

Thank you very much for any information

Update:
    It is definitely due to the PDF engine.
    With Tcpdf I get the PDF directly in the browser
    With Dompdf it is downloaded as a ZIP file.

Can this be switched off or do I have to live with it?​

Comment

tcpdf - creates one large pdf file from those you selected in the List View.
      dompdf - creates separate pdf files in zip archive from those you selected in the List View.

The easiest solution would be to install official Tcpdf extension: https://github.com/yurikuzn/ext-tcpdf/releases.
      In Administration > Settings > Misc > PDF Engine you will be able to switch between tcpdf and dompdf depending on your goals.

The number of pdf files for both modes is regulated in your_instance_name/data/config.php by the massPrintPdfMaxCount​ parameter.​​

Comment

I have installed the Tcpdf module, so I knew that it would work with this module.
        Unfortunately, I had problems with Tcpdf and printing labels.
        Either everything was distorted or only blank labels came out of the printer. I don't have this problem with Dompdf.

The problem with Tcpdf is probably that it can't cope with small formats.
        My labels have the format 40mm x 30mm
        So my choice was to stay with Dompdf.

But if there is no solution to this problem, I will have to live with it.​

Comment

Working...
        X