Email template variable issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email template variable issue

Kind of a weird scenario, hopefully someone can answer it. In the espo layout interface we designed we utilize the "Lead" part of the system and import everything under "Leads" now within the entity part of the administration we created additional fields primarily "Main Contact Name 2" and "Main Contact name 2 Email". Now from what I understand creating a true secondary email field like what comes built in is not an easy task. The main email field allows you to add unlimited number of emails. However we created a secondary contact section so when we do mass emails we can specify the secondary contact and secondary email and not the primary. The issue is the variable in the "Secondary name field" in the email template does not populate with the name in the field, it just stays as the variable. Plus I did notice under the "parent" part it defaults to "account" and doesn't show "lead".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot Capture - 2024-06-17 - 09-17-26.png
Views:	163
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	107455 here is a snapshot

Comment

Hi marketgy,

To solve your issue, just select the needed Lead record as a parent:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	107489Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	107490​​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	emailScreenshot Capture - 2024-06-18 - 11-26-47.png
Views:	141
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	107492 Thanks for the reply. For some reason when I create the template and save it as "Lead" when I click the email from the database it is defaulting back to account. Now If you see the attached, there is a main contact and a secondary. The secondary we added and the email field is a text field. From what I understand the email under the main contact section is a system wide email box and is hard to duplicate. My guess is this has something to do with how I created the secondary email field since when I click the email under the main contact it works perfectly fine but not under secondary...

Comment

Working...
        X