Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetch (external) send mails

Hi guys!

Is it possible to fetch send mails, that are for instance send via Outlook, also for group Email Accounts?

Mails that are send with the email adresse which is configured at /#Admin/outboundEmails are fetched that way and I would love to also fetch some other Mailaccounts via /groupEmailAccounts.

I have already discovered that I could monitor the corresponding outbound messagebox in the groupEmailAccount settings, but then the emails are displayed as inbound emails (for example Contact > Acticvities/Stream) and this is a bit confusing.

I also tried to move incoming mails via flowchart, so that they are display as outbound Emails. But it seems like I can't move them to the inbuild "Send Mails" folder.

Is there maybe another solution for this?

Thank you in advance,
    Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan; 04-16-2024, 10:05 AM.

Hi Stefan,

We should separate two problems.

1. Stream.
    2. Sent folder.

As for the Sent folder, it lists emails that were sent from an email address that belongs to your User account. No other emails can be put there.

As for the Stream. How exactly the email is displayed there? Could you provide a screenshot?

Maybe a workaround, is to have a formula or workflow rule that will change the status from Archived to Sent.

Comment

Thank you for your answer yuri!

If it's not possible to put other emails to the Sent folder, then they only way I found is to monitor the sent (outgoing) folder in Group Mail Settings. But this emails are all displayed as received in crm.

Here is a screenshot from stream (both mails are outgoing emails, but look like incoming emails):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.png Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	105066

If there is a formula a workflow rule that let me change the status from Archived to Sent, that would be perfectly fine for me (I assume that these emails will then also be displayed as sent in the stream).
      Last edited by Stefan; 04-16-2024, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Possible solution for emails sent by a user outside Espo.

Make sure that the "from" email address of emails is one of the User's email addresses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	105074

Replace USER_ID with the actual User ID.

Action:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	39
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	105075​​

Comment

I made a fix for v8.3 that will handle emails that are recognized as being sent by a user and set 'Email Sent' note type. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...5dee1cc4778dd7

Comment

Thank you yuri!

I checked the database at the moment these notes hava no personEntityId. They only have emailId, emailName, isInitial.

Do I have to add those email addresses to User > Email, so that they are associated with that person (= personEntityId is set). Did I understand that correctly?

And will the fix in 8.3 make the workflow obsolete?

Comment

Working...
            X