Need recommendations or maybe a consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendations or maybe a consultant

I’m a knowledge worker. I have a small team of less than five people. Their tech skills are verrrrrryyyy minimal, which makes knowledge management difficult. I’m looking for (or willing to hire someone to build) a system with database- or CRM-type backend but a notes, outline, or form front end.

Here are my must-haves:
    • cloud based
    • secure/encrypted (will contain PII)
    • product longevity (i don’t want to find something or build it then lose all my info)
    • easy to export and archive
    • UI allows for rapid logging a la GTD bullet point system
    • whether through tags or @ or links, allows those bullet items to be rapidly actionable (automatable would be better), similar to the drafts app
    • tagged or linked items in bullet points need to go into the CRM or database
    • any updates or changes anywhere in the system would be bidirectional

Nice to haves:
    • multiple views
    • views can be different for each user
    • ability to import existing CRM data from csv format
    • document capabilities
    • conversation capabilities for the team (this might be solved by @ notifications)
    • ability to save emails in the database portion

My perfect setup would be:
    • an easy notes or rapid bullet point logging system like Workflowy for a few users
    • notes or log-style front end for Airtable
    • additional ability to take action on those items like Drafts app

In other words, we need to just type or log as info is thrown at us all day, then the info needs to go live in the database AND sometimes also be sent via email, text, file management, etc.

Maybe those three apps can be combined via zapier. I dunno. CRMs or databases are cool, but we’re losing a lot of time clicking several steps into the CRM or database before we can even log or upload relevant info into it. So, I wanna reverse engineer the thinking a bit.

Originally posted by cinemav2org View Post
    I’m a knowledge worker. I have a small team of less than five people. Their tech skills are verrrrrryyyy minimal, which makes knowledge management difficult. I’m looking for (or willing to hire someone to build) a system with database- or CRM-type backend but a notes, outline, or form front end.

Here are my must-haves:
    • cloud based
    • product longevity (i don’t want to find something or build it then lose all my info)
    • whether through tags or @ or links, allows those bullet items to be rapidly actionable (automatable would be better), similar to the drafts app

Nice to haves:
    • multiple views
    • document capabilities
    • conversation capabilities for the team (this might be solved by @ notifications)

• an easy notes or rapid bullet point logging system like Workflowy for a few users

In other words, we need to just type or log as info is thrown at us all day, then the info needs to go live in the cinema hd app database AND sometimes also be sent via email, text, file management, etc.

Maybe those three apps can be combined via zapier. I dunno. CRMs or databases are cool, but we’re losing a lot of time clicking several steps into the CRM or database before we can even log or upload relevant info into it. So, I wanna reverse engineer the thinking a bit.
    Any help with this please?
    Last edited by cinemav2org; 03-17-2024, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hi, honestly, this is in many parts very difficult to understand. You use many terms and wrap your requirements in a language, that - at least I - do not understand.

I guess you had a look in the espoCRM Demo Version? There you can see, that it is a very good CRM System. Beyond that, you may create whatever database based system, app or call it software, that you can imagine. I can confirm, that you might be able to create the most "exotic" apps with features you even didn`t dream of. So in general I suppose, that your requirements will be met, not every detail perhaps, but most.

Try to describe with more explanation. For example "I´m a knowledgeworker...", aren`t we all?

Be sure, people here in this forum will help, but they hardly will try to guess, what you may need.

Comment

Hi,

Me too not able to give full answer, but I noticed that you listed 3 apps as favourites, one of the options when you have preferred services is to integrate to espocrm, this is not a simple task but sometimes can be done without coding when you use the advanced pack and understand the webhooks and formula very well.

On the other hand, this task can be complicated and need weeks of work with coding skills,

If you want the same level of UI/UX from the 3 apps on espocrm I think is hard, because espo focus on functionality and generic, you can do everything with espo by extending, while those apps are for specific targets.

I hope this was useful answer and not off topic
        CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
        Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by cinemav2org View Post

Here are my must-haves:
          • cloud based

Nice to haves:
          • multiple views
          • document capabilities

In other words, we need to just type or log as info is thrown at us all day, then the info needs to go live in the database AND sometimes also be sent via email, text, file management, etc.

you described something in a difficult way, if you simply your request with simple language. Devs here will help. I couldn't get what you are looking for at all

Comment

Originally posted by eymen-elkum View Post
            Hi,

Me too not able to give full answer, but I noticed that you listed 3 apps as favourites, one of the options when you have preferred services is to integrate to espocrm, this is not a simple task but sometimes can be done without coding when you use the advanced pack and understand the webhooks and formula very well.

On the other hand, this task can be complicated and need weeks of work with coding skills,

If you want the same level of UI/UX from the 3 apps on espocrm I think is hard, because espo focus on functionality and generic, you can do everything with espo by extending, while those apps are for specific targets.

I hope this was useful answer and not off topic
            Thank you so much for your answer. It indeed is useful.

Comment

Working...
            X