Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email template not pulling for Opportunity entity - data from the Company entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email template not pulling for Opportunity entity - data from the Company entity

Hi,
    Email templates are not pulling in the Opportunity data from the Company entity is not downloaded

Sample fields, whether they are standard Espo: ​{Account.billingAddressPostalCode} ​{Account.billingAddressCity} ​{Account.billingAddressState} Assignment.phoneNumber}
    or added by the user - just like here: {Account.aPIID}
    Is blank on the templates -.only if a user is assigned to the Opportunity​.
    If no user is assigned to the opportunity, the data is downloaded correctly​.

I tested the same on the Live EspoCRM demo and got the same result.​- Version 8.1.4

I have recorded videos of this situation below:
    Case1:
    Sending an email from the Opportunity entity.
    1. If a Contact is assigned to the Opportunity, data from the Company entity is not downloaded.
    2. If we remove the Contact from the Opportunity entity, the data from the Company entity is downloaded correctly.

Case 2:
    Sending an e-mail from the Contact entity, data from the Company entity are downloaded correctly.

It's not supposed to.

Comment

This is how it has been working for 10 years. Please prefer creating topics for problem that are not obvious bugs in General category rather in the bug reports. Only a small fraction of reported bugs are actually bugs. This has been tedious for me that lead me to set quite strict rules for the Bug Reports section.

The Parent field of an email is used to determine what placeholders to apply. Related to an opportunity Account is not used for {Account.*} placeholders. But you can use {Opportunity.account.*} placeholders. There are available from the UI.

Comment

Thank you for the tip.

P.S.
        Next time I will try to better classify the post into the appropriate group.

Comment

Working...
        X