Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email "Add to Contact" Not working (Bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email "Add to Contact" Not working (Bug?)

Dear Espo Community,

I just noticed that the "Add to Contact" function is not working (running 8.0.2).

I get an email, then chose "Add to Contact" > I chose a contact. It becomes a link, BUT the email is not added to the contact record and when I go back to the email, the link to the contact is not active anymore.

I tried clearing cache and rebuild, but it is still not working.
    I tried this on an older version and it works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Hi DavidatEspo,

It's not entirely clear which "Add to Contact" you're talking about. Please send a screenshot. Maybe you have created an additional relationship between the Email and Contact entities?

Comment

Hi victor

Thanks for your reply.

I am talking about the arrow down option next to the email from field:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.2 KB ID:	102437

After adding the email to a contact (expecting the contact to retain the email address I just linked)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	102438

in this case I created a test contact.

the link appears as expected, however the email is not present in the contact record:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	102439

To avoid that I have done anything wrong in my productive installation, I now tested the same on a new installation and upgraded it to 8.1.3 with the same result!

Edit: Apparently I have the same issue trying to "Add to Lead". For some reason, the email address is not written in the lead record either, not creating the link that the "Add to ..." function is suppose to make.

Last edited by DavidatEspo; 02-06-2024, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I'll will check.

Comment

To be fixed in v8.1.4.

Comment

Thank you Yuri!

I am glad I could contribute to the community

Comment

Working...
            X