Update multi-enum from csv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update multi-enum from csv

I have a multi-enum field on my Contact entity, which contains some existing data.

Is there a way to update this with an additional value from a csv import whilst preserving the existing values? Or do I need to export the contact data and add the new value manually in Excel, then re-import it?

BattleMetalChris,

The best option in your case would be to use Mass Update, which allows you to add, update or delete specific values ​​from Multi-Enum fields. Add your Multi-Enum field in Administration > Entity Manager > Contact > Layouts > Mass Update (screenshot 1).

If we take as an example that the value my option 3 was selected in the Multi-Enum field in some records of the Contact entity, and we need to add my option 1 and my option 2 to this value. And so that the Multi-Enum field has a value after our manipulations: my option 3, my option 1, my option 2. For this you need:
    - In the List view, tick the necessary contacts (screenshot 2).
    - Then click Actions > Mass Update > Add Field and select Multi-Enum field (screenshot 2).
    - Select my option 1, my option 2 > Add (screenshot 2).​

Thus, you will add my option 1, my option 2 to my option 3.
    If you want to keep a nicer look: not my option 3, my option 1, my option 2, but my option 1, my option 2, my option 3. For this, select the required option and Update and save the changes (screenshot 3).

Everything works similarly for the Remove.​
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Victor.

However, the list I have is a few hundred specific entries which are fairly arbitrary - there's no filter I could apply which would pick them out for the mass update so it would require me to manually go through and tick the ones I want, hence the desire to use a csv

Comment

• victor
        victor commented
        Editing a comment
        An import cannot add a value to a Multi-Enum field, it can only overwrite it. Therefore, in this case, you should export the file, add values ​​to the .CSV file and re-import.

A slightly roundabout way I thought of which avoids having to mess about changing array strings in Excel, would be to use the Entity Manager to add another field to Contact that's just a boolean, set that using an import. Then filter the contacts by that field, and use mass-update.

Comment

Working...
      X