Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Process timeout, can I make the time limit for a process longer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process timeout, can I make the time limit for a process longer?

Hi,

I've been trying to find this, which has probably been asked before, or even in the documentation, but I can't find it. I'm having an issue with a BPM process that launches a php process for document management, but this process takes too long, and even with the php process ending successfully, the BPM process stops before and ends giving a log of timeout.

Can you tell me where can I modify the overall time for a process to be alive longer?

Thanks a lot!

Try to modify the value of: workflowSendRequestTimeout in the config file

Comment

How do you run a PHP process from a BPM process? Please provide more details, it's too vague and unknown. What exactly log, how long? Hours or minutes. Etc.

Comment

True, I use a POST http request, and the process takes around 10s or so. which is not enormous, but I figured enough to make the system think something is wrong.

abidoss that's exactly right, I actually found this post too that helped me. I was struggling to find the right words for the search... T_T

When I used an API which works completely fine in API Tester but when I use same API in Workflow to send SMS when some entity field is Updated, then following case happens: It would sometime save the entity fast and send sms but sometime it would take time to update entity and won't send sms. Please let me know why it

Thanks everyone, I modified the workflowSendRequestTimeout and now it's working perfectly.

Comment

Maybe re-design your remote service. So that it won't wait until the work is done, but create a job and run it in idle. It's a good practice to not to perform long executing tasks within an HTTP request.

Comment

• abisbe
            abisbe commented
            Editing a comment
            true, what we do is that we fuse a set of documents into one (that's what the external process does) and then send that one, and it needs to be done at that moment. I'll try to look for a better way to do it! Thanks!
        Working...
        X