Email In/Out indication in History Side Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email In/Out indication in History Side Panel

It would be a useful enhancement to have some form of indication of the direction of an email (incoming our outgoing) in the history side panel view. Perhaps the email envelope icon could change (or even just change colour) depending on if the email has been received or sent.

The benefit would be when looking for a specific sent or received message through a lengthy list, it could cut down the number of emails that have to be opened by 50%.

I've seen similar questions in the past in the general forum but so far no-one seems to have come up with a solution.​

The status of the email is what indicate if email is outgoing or incoming so how it works is any emails sent (outgoing) from the crm it would have a status (sent) otherwise if the email is (incoming) then it would have a status (archived) that is how you can tell which email is in the system and on the history panel. read this for more info https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...ng-with-emails

Comment

Hi rabii. Thanks for your reply. I've realised now that this issue may be due to the fact that I use Outlook to send and receive all my emails. I have the Espo Outlook Integration module and have an Outlook folder "Link to Espo" into which I drag any emails (sent or received) that I wish to link to Espo. The CRON job checks this folder and the emails are then linked to the Contact or Account record automatically. This means I control which emails are linked in Espo. The downside seems to be that, when I check the emails table, the status for all emails is "archived". Using the Espo email client to send an email, I see the status is set to "sent" as you say.

Comment

Working...
      X