Ability to send reports automatically to contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to send reports automatically to contacts

We are dealing with different type of organisations some of them have access to our crm through portal and others don't. we need the ability to send automatically reports to contacts. is it possible to add ability to select contacts and set reports to be sent to them automatically, currently it is only available for users.

Thanks

You can utilize a scheduled workflow to send PDF (using formuia) with report table data.

Comment

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey yuri

We need to send different reports to different contacts (once every week automatically). Is hat mean that i have to create a workflow for each report and use Task Script Formula to send it ? how can i access the reportData and pass it to pdf ?

I think it will be good if you consider adding contacts to the reports sending options. The reason as i mentioned that we have more than 20 reports that needs to be sent to different contacts in our system.

Thanks

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      Not BPM but workflow. As I mentioned, no reason to create BPM flowchart for such tasks. See https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...rinting-to-pdf. There is a default report PDF template. You can generate PDF with a report data table.

Did you try sending to portal users? If it works you can create portal users for your contacts.
      Last edited by yuri; 12-06-2022, 08:09 AM.

thanks yuri i will try it out.

i will try to create portal user for my contacts but i don't need them to log into the CRM so i will check if i just create portal users without giving them access and sending them the report if it would work.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      You can create a portal user not linked to any portal that will prevent them logging to anywhere.

Hey yuri

I have tried this but it is not good as solution because every week i have to look for new contacts that need to be converted to portals users and after converting those contacts to portal users then i have to go to the report to add them to the scheduled reports panel on the users field. It is a time consuming task where if a contacts field could be added below the users field on the schedule report panel which allow to select contacts directly to a report and then the report will scheduled to be sent to these contacts, this would really help a lot. Please consider adding this to the advanced pack.

Comment

Working...
    X