Primary entity for a email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary entity for a email

It would be good to have assign the primary entity for e-mail. in such case the system would know to whom assign incoming e-mails relations if it first time income. Now it assign random Accounts or Contacts if it has the same email in it.

If it's unique account/contact there are no issues, but I need a solution to manage situations when we have to leave same email per few accounts/contacts ("support@" as example for few tech supporters-contact or "info@" for several branches-account). Ideal solution is to assign one contact/account as primary.

I could not understand. From the next version email it's possible to have a custom parent finder for imported emails https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...rentFinder.php.
    Last edited by yuri; 11-25-2022, 07:26 AM.

Comment

yuri to reproduce situation please try to create 10 Accounts and 5 contacts with the same email adress. Than send mail to CRM’s Account from that email and try to guess to wich exact entity The incomming email will be asigned.

Comment

It's not clear the solution you suggested.

Comment

• partomas
          partomas commented
          Editing a comment
          My suggestion is to show all related entities at #Admin/emailAddresses and add option to set one of them as primary. In this case the first time incoming mails could be assigned to that entity by default.
      Working...
      X