email field type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email field type

It would be nice to have option to create custom fields as "email" type. as example we would like to have e-mail of accountancy in to account or some other fields like email for reminders. Now we use it as text field, but email type could add more functionality to mark mail as "invalid" or "opted out" anywhere from one place.

Hi,

"Matrix Field for EspoCRM"

As many of you know this absolutely awesome software platform we all enjoy and use everyday was birthed by a small brilliant team out of Ukraine over a decade ago, specifically in the region of Chernivtsi. The core of EspoCRM is still updated and maintained by its few dedicated developers, some of whom may have even directly

Comment

Originally posted by partomas View Post
      It would be nice to have option to create custom fields as "email" type. as example we would like to have e-mail of accountancy in to account or some other fields like email for reminders. Now we use it as text field, but email type could add more functionality to mark mail as "invalid" or "opted out" anywhere from one place.
      You could create the email type manually just look for an existing email field in entityDefs of an entity like (Account) and copy field into your desired entityDefs of your custom entity it should work i have done it before.

good luck

Comment

• partomas
        partomas commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be it's possible to do workaround, but I'm talk about standart type of field I could choe.

yuri is it hard to enable "mail type" fields creation by default? ce couldn't find a way hoe to create a custom field that would operate as system email fields.

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        Very hard.

yuri could you please tell what possible side effects could happen if we set in email.json - "notCreatable": false . Once we set "notCreatable": false - all Entities get enabled to create Email field types with the name "emailAddress", and at first look, it seems that everything works well. Is there anything wrong with it in general, that we should know about?

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        It won't work if you name a field other than 'emailAddress'. If you name it 'emailAddress', I'm not sure whether it will work properly. Espo is too big to keep all in a human memory.
        Last edited by yuri; 01-09-2023, 10:51 AM.

Thanks for the answer!

Comment

Has anyone have an easy way how to add a field of e-mail type to an entity? As example to add different e-mails for different purposes like newsletter, accounting, tech and etc. not contacts, but just emails.

Comment

Working...
        X