Multi-level nested navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-level nested navigation

I'm up to 70+ Entities in My EspoCRM design, and it would help a lot to be able to have multi-level navigation, similar to Wordpress Admin.

As an example, one might organise like this:

* Calendar
    ** Bookings
    ** Calls
    ** Meetings
    ** Tasks
    * Campaigns
    ** Leads
    ** Opportunities
    * Contacts
    ** Accounts
    ** Cases
    * Emails
    ** Email Templates
    ** Templates
    * Products
    ** Sales Quotes
    ** Sales Orders
    ** Sales Invoices

As you can see, this would be much less intimidating on first-view to users with just 5 top-level links visible instead of 20 for the exact same thing.
    Last edited by marcusquinn; 01-29-2021, 10:38 PM.

Look at the eblasoft website. https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/product-...navigation-pro

Regards

Les

Comment

The new v6.1 menu is not enough? It can do grouping. I'm not sure if it can do

*Link 1
      **Link2
      **Link3

(Haven't tried it yet) but I'm guessing it can only do

Group Name
      **Link1
      **Link2
      **Link3

Comment

Ahh, thank you both - I hadn't seen either of those things before. The 6.1 Group feature looks good - but it could be better:

1. I would make it so that the Group *hover* shows the sub-menu links - and the main groups is clickable. My example list above would work better like this.
        2. When an Entity within the sub-menu is clicked, the main group tab should be highlighted too.

I'll design for what's there for now - thank you - although I hope my suggestions are considered, even if just as optional.

Comment

Not sure if I get you right. Showing something (except very small items) on mouse hover is a big NO-NO for me. Only click.

Comment

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            I hate when something unwanted popping up while I only moving a mouse. I don't want to hate the product I develop. And there should be a consistency. We don't use on-hover behavior anywhere so we won't have it as an exception in the menu.

WP Admin is not a good example for us
            Last edited by yuri; 02-02-2021, 08:06 PM.

• marcusquinn
            marcusquinn commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure, hate is a strong word - sometimes it's interesting to sit with someone not confident with computers and watch what they do or don't do

I can see your UI/UX thoughts are excellent, so no criticism, just ideas from usage feedback.

You'll see all OS applications, browsers, bookmark bars etc work like this. Maybe try it, see how it feels. I know I've had fixed ideas in the past too but then trying something I change my mind, and that's fine as part of the journey. Maybe it will be a change, maybe it'll be an option where there's no wrong answer.

I think it is still in the spirit that things don't just flash up when rolling over, just that you don't have to click in the same navigation bar multiple times to see each sub-menu and click away to hide them again.

I expect you might be thinking about when the user issues when moving the mouse towards a sub-menu item, but moving over main menu items with drill-down intent. There's some ideas on handling that here:

* https://css-tricks.com/dropdown-menu...ovement-paths/
            * https://github.com/kamens/jQuery-menu-aim

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your persistence. But look like Hover request won't be change. I guess you can also do a custom theme and it might work? Hover used CSS purely right? There is no need for Javascript involve.

Personally I wouldn't mind having option; I would have some entity I enable Hover, some other entity I enable click-to-open.
        Working...
        X