Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Account synchronized with LDAP system perodically.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Account synchronized with LDAP system perodically.

Hi,

The EspoCRM user authentication is using LDAP method, but it will only record in the system after the user login to the system,
    can the system provide the ability for user account synchronized with LDAP system perodically even the users are not login the system.

Hi,

Is there some updates? How frequently the EspoCRM Dev Teams collect and evaluate the new feature requirement from the clients?

Comment

Hello,
      Could you tell us why you need such synchronization?
      What's the point to create a user account in the system for an employee with job responsibilities that is not related to CRM?

Comment

We don't plan to add this ability at this moment.

Comment

Maximus It is surprising that Espo doesn't sync automatically. Every LDAP system I've ever used refreshes user information during each authorization cycle. It also refreshes the data regularly in case authorizations are infrequent. For example, last night we had a major billing issue because user titles were updated in LDAP, but the changes did not propagate to Espo. I even looked in advance to see which fields are mapped and title is one of them, but I didn't look hard enough I guess because only now do I realize the title never syncs. It's in an associative array of mapped fields, but the array is never used.

As it stands, I've had to write my own scheduled job to sync with the LDAP server to update user fields. That's supposed to be the whole point of LDAP - centrally managed identities. If I have to update every detail for every user on every system, LDAP becomes useless. There needs to be a way to customize the field mapping and it needs to happen regularly.

Comment

Could you share the code you wrote for sync? It can be useful for others and mayvbe for us when we decide to add this ability.

Comment

Working...
            X