Just completed 1st EspoCRM application for clients: A few requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just completed 1st EspoCRM application for clients: A few requests

My background is I have previously worked with Sugar, X2, SuiteCRM, and a few others. I like EspoCRM and will consider it for my next project. Some things that would make it easier/easier sell:
    • Web to Lead Portal - standard in some CRM's, would be good to add it to Espo even if it's just an iFrame form on the clients website
      • I think this would be a good reason to leave for current Salesforce users as well.
    • Menu
      • Add a few lighter themes - my clients logo was navy so none of the built-in side menu panels looked good
      • Allow for the logo area to be a different color - if you don't provide lighter colored themes, then the top space would be helpful
      • Expand image fill - seems like a lot of space around the logo could be filled w/o changing the overall size
    • Layout:
      • Make the number visible through the label - just time consuming opening every one, would be nice to see it's already set at 10% for instance
      • Add Knowledge Base Categories - so you can give more options for the Search Filter, I think this was missed since there is one for Product Categories
      • A total would be helpful so you know when you are over 100%
    • Label Manager
      • Bold all categories, then when you alter a category, un-bold it (or asterisk/remove asterisk)
      • Provide a "change all labels" option - for instance my client found REMOVE and UNLINK to be the same so I changed REMOVE to DELETE everywhere - I didn't see a way to do this except un-collapse every category then every area for each field
      • Collapsible list - no matter how tiny you make your screen, what you are working on is out of sight by the time you get past the email section so collapsing the list who help a great deal and avoid constant scrolling
    • KB & Documents List View
      • A lot of white space - these views can be cinched a bit - even if the user has a 40 character folder name, showing 20-25 of it might be good
        • Of make the Folder Name part of the 100% with the document headings
    • Admin Reports - some basic listings of changed modules, fields, formulas added, fields with conditions
    • Team Disable but the options to search still shows up - a more uniform removal when an Entity is disabled
    • Followers - a one switch option to now use this feature and to remove the Follow buttons
    • Saved Searches - this is a helpful feature especially when your dB takes on more and more records. Searches that can be reused and shared
    • Color Header option - the way of the would is one dimension however it still a challenge for the eyes - button shadows and embossing is always helpful - I'm guessing that is not an option but could there maybe be an option to make the Panel Headers a color or at least a darker grey?
    • Portal review - we will be using the Portal quite heavily and I found a few issues and mis-matched operations
      • Portal role doesn't have delete ability but the option is not removed and you get a 404 when the user tries to delete all records
      • Portal users can merge records - can find no option to remove the Merge ability
      • Portal User layout is split up in Accounts and Cases; all other layout have their own category
        • I sort of see why but I am left with a view I can figure out where it is controlled
      • Portal User has a PUSH TO OUTLOOK option - not sure why (this is espocloud)
    • Email with In the clear password reset, should not ever be sent - nor be a choice of the Admin
    That's all I remembered to right down. This is a very good application. With some tightening up on finishing the options to be identical for each module, and adding a Web Portal to Lead feature, it will be even better!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fields for conditional visibility.png
Views:	1320
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	62364Click image for larger version

Name:	document KB space.png
Views:	416
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	62365Click image for larger version

Name:	show number thru lable in layout manager.png
Views:	414
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	62366Click image for larger version

Name:	missing kb category in layout.png
Views:	419
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	62367Click image for larger version

Name:	label manager out of view.png
Views:	447
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	62368

Thank you for your post. I will review it thoroughly once I get a chance.

Comment

A few points.

> Saved Searches

You can utilize Report Filters from Advanced Pack.

> Team Disable

I'm not sure whether I understand. You can remove Teams from Filters layout. Through will need to do it for all entity types you use.

> KB, make the Folder Name part of the 100% with the document headings

In a collapsed mode an address URL contains a category ID. It expanded mode it does not.

> Portal users can merge records - can find no option to remove the Merge ability

Merge feature is available if a user has an access both to Edit and Delete.

> Portal role doesn't have delete ability but the option is not removed and you get a 404 when the user tries to delete all records

I could not reproduce the issue.
      Last edited by yuri; 09-08-2020, 06:48 AM.

Comment

> Portal User has a PUSH TO OUTLOOK option - not sure why (this is espocloud)

I could not reproduce it. It's interesting how this happened.

Comment

Hello crmclients
          I have too work with sugar and suite .. and have the experiment for say espoCRM is "state of art"
          my 2cents, admin section is not very important...can wait .. but user interface is more important.
          i agree .. remove->delete .. (other think you ask not very well understand)..
          but portal user .. i agree too .. we need to more "granular" with portal user, give too a calendar view to portal user.. as contact (role account/contact/portal/... )

I hope Yuri can put this on the roadmap .. after the big change version 6.0.. it's incredible how on github i see all change with the next 6.0 version.

Regards

Comment

• crmclients
            crmclients commented
            Editing a comment
            I like calendar also - maybe if just read only - I can see the fine line between a customer and a user so I am not surprised of reduced features for the Portal User - for the climate in my area, Leads are the king of the block so an interface for that like Sugar has, which IMHO was very very basic, that would level the playing field and again IMHO add Espo to the short list - my current client is using SForce and can't leave it because of web leads getting fed to SF via Form Assembly - Trying to figure out how to duplicate into Espi w/o costing them more $ (non-profit hit hard

• item
            item commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello crmclients,

Calendar for portal users is a must have..after, of course role read, account, and so .. like out-of-box users calendar..
            you need to imagine : i take telecastg as sample .. it's in home/building... (sorry my english)..
            so .. telecastg give some jobs for repair bethroom to account A ... contact A is have big role of account A .. contact A put in calendar of his contact B the jobs..

sorry.. my english but i repeat .. calendar for portal users must have same as normal users.

Regards

Originally posted by crmclients View Post
          • Admin Reports - some basic listings of changed modules, fields, formulas added, fields with conditions
          It`s a great suggestion, I vote for it also. Don`t forget Process flowcharts.

Comment

Working...
          X