X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Knowledge Base Article to PDF

It would be great if Knowledge Base articles could be printed to PDFs

Comment

peterberlin Thanks, that almost works but the Wysiwyg editor styles are completely different from what the PDF generates - which is a shame.

Comment

Hi blueprint, that is because the PDF engine used by Espo (TCPDF) is VERY limited on the css styles that can be used.

One workaround is to print to window and then use the browser's print to pdf capability to print exactly what you want.

I am using entry point "pdf" to generate a a "lease" document based on a record view of my custom "Tenancy" entity but I would like to be able to use the full css capabilities for positioning, fonts, background images, etc instead of being very limited by TCPDF css capabilities. One possible

Check this posting, hopefully it might help.

Comment

telecastg Thanks for the pointer to the post.

Yeah, I've since done some more digging and found out about this limited CSS support.

I did discover a better open source PHP PDF engine with much broader CSS support and I did set off down the path to replacing TCPDF with this other one however I discovered that it was more work than I had anticipated.

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            That is too bad, was hoping it was feasibly possible.

Perhaps a slow progress in the Github pull request will eventually create a decent PDF system. Or using some sort of library tools and work on implementation instead.

Originally posted by blueprint View Post

I did discover a better open source PHP PDF engine with much broader CSS support and I did set off down the path to replacing TCPDF with this other one however I discovered that it was more work than I had anticipated.
          blueprint Could you tell me the name of this engine ?. I'd like to check it out, TCPDF is very frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by telecastg View Post

blueprint Could you tell me the name of this engine ?. I'd like to check it out, TCPDF is very frustrating
            Why of course, here's the link:

HTML to PDF converter for PHP. Contribute to dompdf/dompdf development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
            X