Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import of data

Hellp
    The import of data is very well solved in espocrm. If data with the same structure is often imported (for example from LEAD vendors), it would be good if the configuration of the import settings could be saved and reused later.
    peter

I Peter - it's been raised a few times and I totally agree.

Comment

Hi all,
      I agree too. We could use that often! It would be a relief to speed up import work and reduce possible errors when adjusting all the fields (we have a lot of properties to adjust...). Apart from that, it is a pleasure to work with Espo!
      Frank

Comment

I am afraid I do think the import needs some love.

Our inside sales administrator uses it a few times a week to import lists of contacts of which some are new and some already exist in which can we want them to be updated. In particular we use this process to link them with a custom container Entity we have created to manage things like "visited us a tradeshow X" or "attended seminar X".

Almost every time she does this import she manages to create a few hundred duplicates - this may be finger trouble but regardless this is the type of users this type of function needs to be designed to be used by..

Comment

Yes, we find the import unsatisfying too, so we go with direct updates via ODBC. We know this can be broken with a change, but running this since month, and we see no practicaly way to update 200-300K rows of data. We use massive "insert into on duplicate key update" instructions. Just take watch of your key values, espo uses keys like "5c85f25e8151011cd", we use keys from our ERP system. So the records created by espo and the records from us can live in peace side by side. And its pretty fast with ~15 Minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X