Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Integration of Leave Management System

Hello,
    I would like to propose the addition of a feature in EspoCRM that allows for managing leave requests through an interactive calendar. The idea is to enable users to easily select dates and choose between a full day or a half-day (morning or afternoon).

This would also allow managers to approve or reject requests and display approved leaves in a global calendar.

Is it possible to include this functionality in a future update or through an extension?

Thank you in advance for your response!

Hi,

I believe it should be possible to implement by means of the Entity Manager and Workflows. I'd suggest to consider this approach too.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoss View Post
      Hello,
      . The idea is to enable users to easily select dates and choose between a full day or a half-day (morning or afternoon).
      This would also allow managers to approve or reject requests and display approved leaves in a global calendar.
      Would if be ok to modify the meeting record?
      • add a meeting field type that defaults to "Regular"
      • when a staff person needs time off, they can change it to "Leave Request"
      • Add a Leave Status field, Approved or Conflict
      • the staff person would add the manager in the user field
        • or you can create a team of approvers and they would update the team field instead
      • when saved the workflow could send email to the manager/user/team
        • It would also show in their list of meetings
        • you could maybe use the Label feature to highlight green or other color
      • the manager opens and selects "approve" or "conflicts"
        • if they select approve, the staff person is emailed or can see the status was updated - that it was approved
        • if not and they choose "conflict" and add a reason, e.g. "Sue already has this day off"
      • You should be able to report on leaves using the type field
      This way you can leverage the built-in relationships example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	111361
      Last edited by crmclients; Yesterday, 03:50 AM.

Comment

We already have Working Time Calendar Exceptions which serve for leaves. One can utilize a custom Event entity type that will serve for Leave Requests. The Workflow tool would serve for creating a Working Time Calendar Exception once a Leave Request is approved.

Comment

Yes, I understand all of that, thank you for your suggestions. However, this only applies to more basic management. If we want to integrate holiday packages, add, for example, 1.5 days each month, and also include a leave counter and how to calculate it, there are several aspects to consider.

Comment

Working...
          X