Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route to the destination

Hi @all,

could you let me know if it's possible to add a link that shows the route from a fixed location to the address above using Google Maps? The link should open a modal window when clicked, similar to the “Map View for Google Maps” feature.

This feature would make it easier for users to plan their route to their destination quickly and easily without having to leave the application.

Thanks and best regards

I invented a possibility to create a link, which opens a Google Maps window with a marker at the given address.
    Together with the free extension Link Button from user Kharg you can open this link in various formats (PopUp, Modal, new window etc.). If interested, I can post the procedure.
    No programming neccessary and no API Key from Google.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your idea. Indeed, the functionality described seems to be the same as the "Show on map" link below the address fields. But I would like a link that opens the route without another click in a modal or a new window.

Comment

This depends only on the link you construct with string\concatenate formula, which you then add to the button. The mere address has a certain link format, the route i slightly different. This is a route link from one place in Berlin to another: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Inns...ch%C3%B6neberg
        Click it and you will se the rout in the browser window, only one click.
        So you only need to create the button with the link, either with the WYSIWYG editor or the extension mentioned.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I will try it.

Comment

As a little helper, here i my concatenated string, made of the address field and the strings to put it together as a Google map address URL:

/
            Code:
            /Google Route String concatenate from address fields
            standortGoogle=string\concatenate(
            standortStationen.eingabeadresseStreet,',','+',standortStationen.eingabeadressePostalCode,'+',standortStationen.eingabeadresseCity,'+',
            standortStationen.eingabeadresseCountry);
            I guess the fields are self explanatory even if partly in German language.

This formula you can map to a Bootstrap button or use in the mentioned extension Link Button​

Comment

Working...
            X