Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced pack newbie questions

Hi.
    I have some questions about the advanced pack, that I cannot find answers either on the website or the forums.
    1. If I buy the pack, with 1year of upgrades, will it stop working next year, or the only thing that will stop is the upgrades of the pack?
    2. I will install it on an lxc container on a proxmox server. If I move the lxc, to another server, change ip or change the domain name of the installation, will it still work?
    3. If I don't need it any more on an instance, can I move the licence to another instance?

Hi Emmker,

The extension won't stop working after a year, but you won't get access to the next upgrades, which include not only adding new features but also fixing bugs and customizing compatibility with new EspoCRM versions.

The main condition for using any official extensions is to use them only in one EspoCRM instance (one license per instance). Before migrating to another server (if you are in the process of migration), you should completely uninstall and remove the extensions from the first instance and only then install them on the second instance.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Comment

Thank you very much. that was great.

So if I get it right, given that I am on 8.x version, and as long as I am in 8.x version, the pack should work fine after one year. If I upgrade to the 9.x version it might or it might not work properly for that version. But even if it doesn't work properly, I could buy a new 1 year upgrade version and I will continue to do my job, right?
      Is there a compatibility chart for each version of the advanced pack? or it will be try and failure in the future?

I am not asking to cheap out and buy one year upgrades and use it forever. just want to calculate the costs for running the server for many years, to invest in the platform.

As for the other part, the pack is "married" with the instance. not the ip, nor the domain name, correct? I'm asking because we normally develop the solution for a client, in our servers lxc container, with a testing subdomain, and after the demo period, we transfer the lxc to the client's server and change the domain to theirs. Will it be ok for them to continue the usage as they were in the demo period, or we will have problem with the pack that way?

Again thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Emmker,

If the extension doesn't work properly, we could buy a new 1 year upgrade version and will continue to do your job, that's right.
        You can find a file in the extension archive, in which the compatibility of versions is specified.

The extension itself (its license) is tied specifically to the instance.

Please keep in mind that you need to have a separate extension license for each client.
        Also, you can use one extension license for the development EspoCRM instance and for the production one.

Comment

That is beautifull.
          Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X