Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Settings Extension

Hello,

I developed a new extension to toggle advanced settings directly from the UI, without having to manually edit config.php
    Most of the settings available in https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/config-params/ were added.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	95729

Use with caution and report any bug

Advanced Settings for EspoCRM. Contribute to Kharg/advanced-settings development by creating an account on GitHub.

Hi,

Some items that have access level "system" are overridden as "default". I highly recommend not doing that.

Comment

Are these the systemItems here?

I actually removed those from the UI but forgot to remove them from the config
      authApiUserLogDisabled
      authLogDisabled
      authAnotherUserDisabled

Will fix it, thanks.

Comment

I'd also suggest moving resetToDefault logic to backend, and read default values from https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...lts/config.php for params that are there.

Comment

Also, it's better to define modules in the custom dir (as of v7.0). We will deprecate modules in application directory in the future.

Comment

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            BTW, Maybe some another name? Advanced Settings is bit similar to Advanced Pack that may be confusing.

• yuri
            yuri commented
            Editing a comment
            As "listPagination" is not an officially supported feature, please add this information to the tooltip to let users know.

• Kharg
            Kharg commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your feedback, your opinion is really valued, I appreciate it

Good job, boss! I've installed the extension, thank you. All your extensions are very useful to me. Best of luck!"

Comment

Wow! Just played with a few setting on it. Pretty cool. I don't know how I feel about the Pagination feature, sometime you want the best of both world, for now I will use Page as I don't know I need to select more than x Records.

Now to go hassle emillod for dark theme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	403
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	95745

Comment

• Kharg
              Kharg commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you can add this feature only to selected entities from clientDefs metadata if you want

Hi Kargh,
            nice, thanks for community.
            i have just one question :

what about if Yuri add a new config params, do we need a new version of extention ?

If yes, do you think it’s possible to download in live the last updated list of params ?

Comment

• Kharg
              Kharg commented
              Editing a comment
              In case new params are added and they are not in the UI I will have to update the extension and you will have to download the new update.

I think it would be a security risk adding such feature.

The best thing I can do is notify users about updates directly in the admin panel as it happens already with new versions of Espo and Official extensions.
              Last edited by Kharg; 07-24-2023, 09:38 AM.

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Dont think this be too much of an issue. Yuri seem only add these for major version or sometime due to Forum thread

• murugappan
              murugappan commented
              Editing a comment
              Kharg, you could follow the same concept used by Yuri in announcing new releases. That will be helpful.

Kharg thank you for the wonderful extension. There are a few config parameters that can be included. These are the clean-up parameters. Is it possible to include them?

Important note. Please use version 1.0.2 when installing in Espocrm Version 8.x. Older version creates a Error 500.
            Last edited by murugappan; 09-26-2023, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Kharg
              Kharg commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you!
              Which parameters are you talking about?

Hi Kharg​ Can you guide me how to embed Tawk.To Widget script in footer.js?

<!--Start of Tawk.to Script-->
            <script type="text/javascript">
            var Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date();
            (function(){
            var s1=document.createElement("script"),s0=document.ge tElementsByTagName("script")[0];
            s1.async=true;
            s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/6256ff757b967b11798a973e/1g0hv358c';
            s1.charset='UTF-8';
            s1.setAttribute('crossorigin','*');
            s0.parentNode.insertBefore(s1,s0);
            })();
            </script>
            <!--End of Tawk.to Script-->​
            ​​

Comment

Hi Kharg ,

Sorry for the late reply. Had too many things to do due to migration to PHP 8.1. The following are the parameters from the config file:

PHP Code:
              'cleanupJobPeriod' => '1 month',
              'cleanupActionHistoryPeriod' => '15 days',
              'cleanupAuthTokenPeriod' => '1 month',
              'cleanupSubscribers' => true,​ 

Comment

• Kharg
                Kharg commented
                Editing a comment
                Ohh, for these I need to use an enum field to select the number of days/months/year, to reduce possible errors
                I will work on adding what's possible!

• murugappan
                murugappan commented
                Editing a comment
                Kharg, thank you and looking forward to it.
            Working...
            X