Translation manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation manager

We create new free "Translation manager" for EspoCRM.
    1. Overall Excel-like table of all language strings: The module offers a convenient table where you can view and manage all language strings. The table includes sorting and filtering columns, enabling quick access and manipulation of the required data.
    2. Integration with Google Translate for translation: The module integrates with the Google Translate service to facilitate automatic text translation. This allows for rapid translation of language strings using the powerful machine translation capabilities of Google.
    3. Highlighting of strings matching the base English language: The module provides a feature to highlight strings that match the base English language. This helps visually track matches and ensure translation accuracy.
    4. Bulk Excel-like filling of translations: The module provides a user-friendly mechanism for bulk filling of translations. You can select multiple language strings and enter their translations simultaneously in an Excel-like table format. This accelerates the translation process and enhances work efficiency.
    ​https://bpm4b.com/downloads/translation-manager/
    Addendum: The “External API Log” module is required to utilize the functionality of the “Translation Manager” module.​

Very cool! Too bad we are "English" only user.

Comment

We are currently working on localizing the content into Kazakh, and the module supports translation into any language. The list for localization is based on the currently activated in the system config languages.

In the future, if there is interest, we can consider adding language selection options for localization.

Furthermore, our current integration with Google Translate allows for both automatic language detection for translations and explicit selection of English or Russian as the source language.
      Last edited by dimyy; 05-18-2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Can't be downloaded yet!

But looks fantastic!

cClick image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	265
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	92627

Comment

The site public preview :-).

You can download the LabelManager extension from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1r...ew?usp=sharing and the ApiLog extension from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F06...ew?usp=sharing.

1. In the integration menu, write your own Google Translate key (https://console.cloud.google.com/).
          2. Refer to the documentation in the Knowledge Base (the extension creates a folder named "Module documentation" with user guides available in English and Russian languages).​
          3.Remember to limit the list of languages in the /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/app/language.json to only those that are necessary. We have not tested the functionality for working with all 70 languages simultaneously.

Attached Files
          Last edited by dimyy; 05-18-2023, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Hi, that is a cool extension you made there! Thank you for publishing it. I have two questions:

1. Do I have to use the Google api module? Or can I use the extension with my own translations?
            2. I never heard of being able to limit the languages to the ones you pretend to use. Adding the language.json does it mean I could delete all the language folders with not used languages in the custom folder?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              1. Google API is for auto translate only. If you going to use your dual-language skill, don't need to.
              2. I could be wrong, but it just "better" format layout with additional feature, all update and change still go through the main language table customization

• dimyy
              dimyy commented
              Editing a comment
              The extension is designed for fast translation and convenience. The Poeditor interface is very inconvenient and does not support third-party extensions. The translation is done from the base language, as this is how the basic functions of espoCRM work.

1. You don't need the Google API module. Use our ApiLog module instead. Google Translate only requires an API key, not OAuth.
            2. Limiting the language list is a standard option in Espo. There's no need to delete language folders.​

Comment

Working...
            X