Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension to render a plain html

HI all,

although I had a look into the developer documentation, it is unclear for me if I want to create any extension without needing all the typical espo references, just a plain html page for example.

When trying to create my first Espo extensions i want to cover the following usecases:

1. First Extension lets call it: HTML Render Extension
    2. Second Extension lets call it: HTML With Angular container Render Extension

Regarding the first Extension:
    - The html page should be rendered by using the same navitem of EspoCRM, similar an entity
    - the source of the html can be an html flle itself and / or a Espo .tpl file

SO far I have understood to create the following extension structure:

Extension ZIP File Structure;
    - manifest.json
    - files
    - scripts

As i dont expect to have any scripts I will leave scripts folder empty.
    The files folder structure is as follows:

a.) files
    aa.) |_ client
    aaa.) |__ modules
    aaaa.) |__ my-html
    aaaaa.) |_ src
    aaaaaa.) |__ controllers
    aaaaaa.) |__ views

At this point I am struggeling as it is not clear whether I need a controller ( maybe because of the navitem I would need ) and how to implement a view for this usecase.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you all.
    Last edited by STARFLEET; 05-14-2023, 12:33 PM.

Hi,

if your scripts folder is gonna be empty you can just remove it,
    manifest.json and files folder will be enough.

If you want to make the html page a new entity probably you can follow this tutorial even if it's for php pages, I don't think it will require a lot of modifications to use html instead.

Step 1 - Create a custom scope, for example "MyPage" that can be displayed as an option in the navigation menu. custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes/MyPage.json { "entity": false, "tab": true, "acl": "true", "aclPortal": true, "aclPortalLevelList&quo

Comment

Working...
    X