Questions about Extension implementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Extension implementation

Continuing to love EspoCRM, and looking long term.

I started out with the F/OSS packages, specifically the docker implementation.

Right now we are about to migrate our first client to EspoCRM.

Seeing the flexibility and freedom of EspoCRM, we started wanting to use the other extensions, but it does not seem practical to get a license for every instance.

Two questions:

1. Is there an option where an agency can get a license for all extensions, with unlimited instances, and ongoing updates?
    ( We only really care about the Advanced Pack and Sales Pack right now, MAYBE the VoIP extension if it plays well with FreePBX; presumably more would come up in the future. )
    ( Or is it possible to purchase extension licenses and then use it for multiple instances? )

2. How well do extensions work with the docker container approach to implementation? Is that working in production?

Looking to build a long-term future with EspoCRM, especially once a mobile interface is put together. We might even co-sponsor something like that!

Much respect to the EspoCRM team.

Hi,

> 1. Is there an option where an agency can get a license for all extensions, with unlimited instances, and ongoing updates?

There's no such option. Extensions are licensed per instance. You'll need a separate license per production instance.

Comment

Hi migrator,

All official EspoCRM extensions work properly in the docker container, as well as on the regular local version and the cloud version of EspoCRM.

Comment

Copy that yuri and lazovic -- thank you both.

I can include a setup fee and annual renewal then, since the price is not preventative for clients.

How often are there meaningful updates to the extensions?

Comment

On the Sales Pack extension, is there any Quickbooks export, or other export to accounting software? Or is there a known way to implement export to CSV, or IIF?

And is there payment integration on Invoices, especially with Stripe? Or is there a known way to implement online payments working well in production?

Let me know if I should start a different post for the follow-up questions. Answers in the forums on similar questions seem outdated.
          Last edited by migrator; 04-28-2023, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Welcome to EspoCRM! I'm just a user like you, unlike the two Boss above.

To answer some of your question:
            > How often are there meaningful updates to the extensions?

From what I see, it seem feature complete. Only update I see recently is bug fix. Then again, I don't even have the extension so my experience is limited.

> Quickbooks
            Not that I know of, you have to use the Report feature for these type of information.

> Stripe
            None official at the moment. There is third party from other developer that does support it if I remember it.

I think your question is still relevant so don't need to post another thread, but nothing to stop you! Aside from the occasion spammer the forum is considerable quiet. Hoping to see contribute from you or result of you!

Here to plug in the unofficial wiki for your attention: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

Comment

Thanks so much for the detailed answer and the tip espcrm! What a great resource!

I appreciate how much care I have seen from those who do post here, and am honored and grateful to join this community.

It is encouraging to see active posts both from founders/maintainers as well as devoted implementer community members.

I will go through the Wiki and explore the options and come back to this thread.

Thanks again //

Comment

Looking a bit further in, taking steps into the new information, it seems like third-party extensions exist such as:

The Stripe Integration for EspoCRM is a powerful extension that allows businesses to manage customer payments directly within the EspoCRM platform. It includes features such as creating transactions, generating a link to the transaction in Stripe, and managing payments all within EspoCRM. The extension also automatically saves payment information through EspoCRM's webhook support, ensuring data is always up-to-date. It's a great solution for businesses looking to streamline their payment process and increase efficiency.

... to cover the Stripe requirement. That must be an example you mean espcrm.

Are any of these developers here on the forums usually, i.e. the community knows them and they are active?

Comment

That the one! There like only 2 (devcrm and dubas) (now 3 if I include telecastg) that Sell or post the extension. If I include 2-3 people like like Kharg and mozkomor05 who give out free extension, then it become like 5-6 people; but these two are not really selling their Development as a service I think.

Anyway, yes, devcrm team (the Boss) does visit the forum and very active here (at least previously). And he is helpful.

I can't say much about the other 3rd-party developer who only appear for Job Request post. But it understandable, as it is a business. Can't expect them to give back to the community.

Comment

• Kharg
                    Kharg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do offer development as service actually
                    The RSS dashlet was requested by one of my clients, and since I thought it would have been useful to other people I released it for free
                    I try to give back to the community as much as I can

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Go get that signature that exclusive for Developers in this forum!

And I never seen your website... so now that I marketed your services I can be your PR guy
                Working...
                X