X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Integration - Calendar Sync Suddenly Stopped Working

EspoCRM Version 7.4.3
    Outlook Integration Version 1.2.9

Outlook integration has been working correctly for a long time on my system but a few days ago I found my Outlook calendar was no longer up to date.

Seems that the Outlook calendar sync had stopped working. CRON job still shows ‘success’ but an access error is reported in EspoCRM log. Emails still sync but pushing contact to Outlook also fails with Error 500.

The issue was resolved by setting up a new Outlook Integration as per the official EspoCRM documentation for Administrators. However, I noticed when generating the new client secret key, I could only make it valid for a maximum of 2 years. The expiry option ‘Never’ (shown below from the documentation) does not appear on my account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_9222.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	91438
    Unless this is unique to my Microsoft 365 account, it would be good if someone could update the Espo documentation to highlight this change and the requirement to generate a new secret key at least every 2 years to keep the Outlook Integration working.

Hope this information may help someone else who encounters this issue.

Sorry I can't help!

But if I remember correctly Google and Microsoft decide to 'beef up their security' so they tend to add more security barrier. This mean you have to use new setting, I'm not sure what is the new setting and what you need to do.

Only suggestion check few latest post about Outlook. And if that extension is the latest version.

Comment

Further update. Today, emails failed to sync (calendar sync still working!). When I went into personal email settings in EspoCRM, I could not connect to the Microsoft 365 account for any mailbox. I needed to access my Microsoft 365 account and reset AND AUTHENTICATE passwords for all users. After updating the new passwords in EspoCRM, emails started to sync again.
      I think this is NOT an EspoCRM issue - as espcrm says it looks like Micrsoft have updated their security. I'm all for good security, but what a faff!

Comment

MFA for Microsoft 365 is obligatory now, that could cause your problems probability.

Comment

Working...
        X