Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook integration and Teams meetings

Hi all,

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong when updating a calendar item that has a Teams meeting attached. Just changing the status inside of Espo sends a notification to all invitees. This happens every time I set a meeting as done, which is very weird behaviour for my invitees, because they get notified about a meeting they just had, moreover, to them it seems like nothing changed about the meeting at all.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Hi bobcompleet,

Most likely, you have created a workflow, formula or BPM that responds to "I set a meeting as done" and sends repeat invitations. Or this action of yours creates a duplicate of the meeting that just happened and your Users receive a notification.

- Please make sure that all BPM's and Workflows are disabled and there are no alerting formulas in the Administration -> Entity Manager -> Meeting -> Formula.
    - And execute "I set a meeting as done" again. Appropriately describe what exactly you are doing (for example, changing the Status of the meeting to Held)

If users no longer receive unnecessary notifications, then it is a matter of workflows, BPMs or a formula. If not, then you need more information about your meetings, a screenshot of their settings (for example, as in screenshot). You also need information about how exactly these Users receive notifications: in EspoCRM in the form of notifications, in the form of emails or in the form of notifications in the Outlook calendar.​
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi victor,

I see what you mean, but this is not an internal Espo issue, it is independent of invitees inside of Espo, it is based on the fact that outlook sends status updates to all invitees for caledar items that have a Teams meeting attached. So when I change the status from "planned" to "held" (or "not held" for that matter), all invitees will be notified by microsoft.
      To reiterate, this issue pertains to the Teams invitees, not the Espo invitees.

The problem impact is that I cannot update the meeting status inside espo because it will bother my clients/leads with unnecessary updates about a past meeting.

I would propose a solution where the specific status updates from planned to held/not-held are not communicated to outlook, to prevent spamming the Teams invitees.
      yuri do you think this makes sense, or is there a more appropriate way?

Looking forward to your replies

Comment

Working...
      X