Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New free extension: OAuth

Hello friends,

I am happy to announce the new free extension Ebla OAuth, many thanks for Riny for his supporting us for this extension,
    I will happy to get your feedback & issues on forum or directly on the github issues:

Contribute to eblasoft/ebla-oauth development by creating an account on GitHub.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Hi,

Thanks for your work.

Can it potentially support OIDC protocol (or maybe it already does) that became a widely used standard replacing SAML?

We will need to have the ability to add such login logic to the login page in an upgrade save way.
    Last edited by yuri; 09-10-2022, 07:40 AM.

Comment

OIDC is basically a layer on top of OAuth. This extension does use OAuth, not SAML.

I think currently OIDC does not provide enough added value yet in this case but it may in future.

Comment

There were multiple requests to implement SAML or Open ID Connect in Espo to be able to authenticate from an authentication provider an organization is already uses in their business. Luckily, we have Open ID Connect gained its popularity, which is much simpler to implement than SAML. Implementing OIDC for Espo would be a huge deal for the product, and I have already it in our internal TODO list.
        Last edited by yuri; 09-27-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          As I understand, OAuth2.0 has more broad usage, when OIDC serves purely for authentication (logging in).

Hello Yuri,
        it's out of my knowledge.. but maybe here you can have some information util :

https://www.ehealth.fgov.be/ehealthp...ement#docType2
        the page is in french but many document pdf is in english

it's belgian gouvernment authority.. when you have authentified there, you can access all gouvernment web app. (two think : authentified + authorisation )

Best Regards

Comment

What does it do? There are dozens of ways to implement oauth, so this needs an explanation.

Comment

I looked at the readme. It doesn't explain how the extension works. There are dozens of ways for oauth to be implemented.

There are four ways to accomplish SSO via oauth in AAD, which is dependent upon the configuration of the M365 tenant. The readme doesn't mention endpoints, parameters, processes, workflows, or requirements. It's not a good idea to adopt an authorization flow without more details.

Comment

Does this extension work to authorise group accounts login to IMAP?

Comment

Working...
            X