Email security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email security

We are planning to connect our Espo with Outlook 365. The main obstacle is that some people are afraid their emails are visible to everyone.

Question: is it possible to reliably make sure that only emails that are connected to a lead or to a contact with a certain property (like "lead2 or "customer") are visible to the sales team, and that everything else is 100% blocked from anyone else?

Hi

best way is to make sure that every sales team member has access only to emails assigned to them and you can keep control of assigning emails to anyone you want. it is all about roles and permissions i believe.

good luck

Comment

rabii is right. You can set access rules in roles for specific users/teams. If you want to give access users to only their emails, then use "own", if you want to give for example sales users access to all emails from sales department, then add them to sales team and set roles for "team". Here you have video which shows how to use roles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p1cq70ipvo

Comment

Thanks... I had a look at that.

But how can I do this:

Users can see their own emails.
        They can also see emails of others IF these emails are associated to a Lead/Account/Contact/Opportunity/Case.
        They can also see emails of others that have nothing to do with a Lead/Account/Contact/Opportunity/Case.

Comment

seems you need custom solution, have a look at the documentation and you can build your own logic see documentation

Comment

Working...
          X