Advanced pack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced pack question

Hello all, I have purchased the advanced pack several years ago. I'm at version 1.25.1 and it includes Reports, Workflows, Quotes, Producs. Google Calendar, Google Contacts & MailChimp integrations.

I was looking at the wiki how to configure auto-increment invoice numbers but I don't have an entity type "invoice". I only have quote. There I have the fields "number" and "invoicenumber". There is no option to make it auto increment.

What are my options? Am I going to have to purchase a new version of the advanced pack? Or sales pack? Or both? I see that the sales pack is now a separate extension (it used to be all included in advanced pack)... is it still compatible? I would like to keep using workflows etc.... but also products, google calendar and especially invoicing/quotes...

Thanks for your advice.

While we're at it... is it possible to simulate recurring invoices with workflows or BPM? Maybe we could put a field on the invoice "period = weekly, monthly, yearly, etc..".
    Then every day the workflow (or process) runs, it checks all invoices if the field "period" is not null. Then duplicate the invoice and "blank" the invoice number field (to enable auto increment) and update the "due date" field. Is something like this possible?

Comment

You can easily make an auto-increment number field using the Number or Auto-increment. See: https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...content-number

The Invoice is part of the Sale Packs, you would need to purchase that for that Entity to appear, otherwise you have to create your own version is might not work well with other paid Extensions.

Workflow should allow you to create Re-curring / Repeat, as for how I don't know. We really should get that function for Calendar but we need workflow to do repeat.

Comment

Hi,

You can add an autoincrement field manually for Quotes. Just name it differently, e.g. numberCustom. It should be field of Number type.

Replace the standard field (Number) in layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
          Hi,

You can add an autoincrement field manually for Quotes. Just name it differently, e.g. numberCustom. It should be field of Number type.

Replace the standard field (Number) in layouts.

This works, I have added an auto increment quote number and invoice number.
          However, the invoicenumber is immediately created when I save the "new quote".
          I assume this happens because it is part of the "quote" entity.

I only want to create an invoice number when the quote has been approved.
          Is it possible to delay the initialisation of the number until "quote status" has a certain value?
          Or am I correct that I would better create a separate entity "invoice" for that purpose?

I see that I could do that with the "entity manager".
          What would I miss by creating this myself instead of purchasing the (newer version of) sales pack?

Comment

You can create a custom entity but it's not possible to have invoice items w/o changing code.

Comment

Working...
            X