Process User Task assignment emails not sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process User Task assignment emails not sending

I'm starting to use processes and it seems to work pretty well. Notifications are enabled, emails are sent without any problems for other entities, and processes are being triggered according to the flowcharts. However, only the in-app notification is delivered. I am not seeing emails regarding the assigned Process User tasks.

I checked the spam filter, but that's not the issue. I've waited for several minutes to see if it could be a timing issue, but that wasn't it either. The in-app notification is sent almost immediately and I see no errors in the log.

I added a task to send a notification to the user in the process to make this work for now, but the assignment notification would be a much cleaner solution.

Comment

Do you have Process User Task in Administration > Settings > Email Notifications ?

Comment

Yes, it is set. I wasn't getting in-app notifications until I added Process User Task to the in-app section, so I know that one started to work as expected. I did the same thing with the email notifications, but it isn't working. I am able to send and receive emails from the CRM without any issues and all other assignment emails work as expected. I created many Cases and assigned them to myself to make sure the emails were being sent and it worked.

I made a very simple test case to see if the Send Message Task is working. Here is my flowchart:

Start -> Send Message Task -> End

I created a process using that flowchart, assigned myself as the Assigned User, and then started it. This is what was shown in the log when I used "User assigned to Process" as the email recipient:

Code:
        [2018-07-18 20:34:01] Espo.ERROR: Process 5b4fa3ce4732c2388 element g8gwee1pd0 send message error:  [] []
        If I use "Specific Users" and select myself, then I see this in the log and the email is sent:

Code:
        [2018-07-18 20:36:01] Espo.DEBUG: Workflow\Actions: Start [SendEmail] with cid [0] for entity [Account, 5a84486e7bfffc94b]. [] []
        [2018-07-18 20:36:05] Espo.DEBUG: Workflow\Actions: End [SendEmail] with cid [0] for entity [Account, 5a84486e7bfffc94b]. [] []

Comment

Regarding Send Message Task to User assigned to Process.

I tested and it worked well. Make sure that process has assigned user. You can fill assigned user with another Task before sending message task. By default it's filled with Assigned User of the Flowchart.
          Last edited by yuri; 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Seems the reason why email notification are not sent is that action is initiated by the same user. If I do action in crm that causes the record to be assigned to me, then email notification is not sent. I will review this logic.

Comment

Did this ever get changed? I am still having a problem with assignments not being emailed.

Comment

It should work in 5.5.0 version. I tested.

Comment

Working...
                X