Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo data extension?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a demo data extension available like the Cloud version or https://demo.espocrm.com/
    It would be really useful for development, especially for designing a new theme or developing extensions,
    You could bootstrap a loaded CRM to check your theme or extension behavior
    Last edited by yuri; 07-21-2024, 09:24 AM.

You could export the data from the demo and import it to a fresh installation. After that you keep that installation for development and testing. Side effect: You may learn how to import data from outside.

Another caveat is, that you won`t be able to include Sales Pack and Advanced Pack as these are paid extension.

Comment

I know the import, the problem is you have to import entities in a certain order to have relations between them, it takes a lot of time if you want to import
      So many relationships between users, entities, notes, using relative dates, etc you can't just import them in one go

I was wondering if is there such an extension similar to Demo Data, that you could install and have an EspoCRM that demonstrates all functionalities ( without Advanced and Sales pack ), so you could easily install and uninstall per development projects

Comment

ok, that`s right. So it would be more convenient to have the demo version packed as an installable package. But this would not happen, because of the paid extensions. But you never know, perhaps Yuri could make an installation package without extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by shalmaxb View Post
          ok, that`s right. So it would be more convenient to have the demo version packed as an installable package. But this would not happen, because of the paid extensions. But you never know, perhaps Yuri could make an installation package without extensions.
          yuri Is this something that could be done !? since it seems you have some extension, could it be stripped down so it doesn't have demo data for paid extensions?
          It would help especially for development purposes and demonstrating functionalities

Comment

I don't have an answer on this. We have the extension, but I'm not sure it's ready for being public at the moment. It would require additional resources to make it either free or paid which we don't currently have. If we ever make it paid, I doubt we ever sell more than a few licenses. I let know if I gain more info on it.
            Last edited by yuri; 07-29-2024, 06:31 PM.

Comment

We use Export/Import extension https://docs.espocrm.com/extensions/...-import-usage/. It generates demo data from an instance. Some parameters we use for demo data may be not yet documented.

Comment

Working...
              X