Creating custom list layouts for many-to-many relationship panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating custom list layouts for many-to-many relationship panels

I wrote the instructions to create custom list layouts for many-to-many relationships as part of another tutorial. After writing it, I realized it should have been a standalone tutorial. Please go here to see the instructions.

In short, the tutorial provides instructions to create list views that can be used in relationship panels. For a built-in example, see the Contact entity's list view called listForAccount.

For information, as of v8.0 it's possible to create custom list layouts for relationship panels through the UI.

Comment

Thanks. Here is the official documentation for that feature. I decided to post the tutorial because some relationships, such as the one between Contact and Account, disallow the relationship panel to be created, which doesn't seem to be possible to fix in the UI. Using the contactRole field wasn't possible either because it was only available for a single layout. My clients have hundreds of accounts per client, so the Link Multiple field doesn't work. The UI feature is really powerful, but doing it manually is necessary sometimes as well.
      Last edited by bandtank; 10-18-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• telecastg
        telecastg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for posting a complete tutorial. Knowing that something is possible helps, but not nearly as much a having a complete example to follow.
    Working...
    X