Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use the eSignature extension to add electronic signature functionality to Espo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have update it to the latest verison.
    to make Delivery signature visible i used condition Dynamic logic on the delivery signature field. see screenshot.
    In regards the EntityDefs and CLientDefs json files? where can i get those files from? sorry i dont have much experience with espocrm.
    thanks

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      Please post the screenshot where you set the Dynamic Logic condition for the delivery signature field.

You can find the clientDefs file for the entity which contains both signature fields at :
      custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/(the name of the parent entity).json

and the entityDefs at:
      custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/(the name of the parent entity).json

Please post this information so I can help

Thanks

see attachment.
    thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      The reason why you can't save the Pickup entity without the delivery signature being signed is because you marked the field as "Required", uncheck this box and you will be able to save / update the entity before the delivery signature is completed.

The extension is not interferring with your logic at all.

If you have further questions regarding your application, please post them in the Developer Help or General Questions forums so other members can read them and help if they can.

Thanks

Originally posted by shootify View Post
    see attachment.
    thanks
    the major issue is that the delivery signature canvas won't display properly so I am unable to sign (doesn't work), another issue is when I click to create another order form an error comes up saying the signature can't be blank. see picture

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      I have already answered your questions and the extension has nothing to do with your issues:

1) The display issues are triggered by your dynamic logic setup. Remove those conditions and the field will work fine. If you want to find out a better way to determine field visibility and other interface features, use a dynamic handler instead of dynamic logic: https://docs.espocrm.com/development/dynamic-handler/

2) You flagged the Signature on Delivery field as "required" in Entity Defs, that is why Espo throws an error, which is the correct behavior. Remove this condition and the issue will disappear. Somehow you are trying to save the entity while the field empty.

Using a dynamic handler to define your logic will help define the events or conditions and results that you are trying to achieve in the user interface.
      Last edited by telecastg; 09-28-2023, 08:48 PM.

the major issue is that the delivery signature canvas won't display properly so I am unable to sign (doesn't work), another issue is when I click to create another order form an error comes up saying the signature can't be blank. see picture
    the error is not because of the required field, I actually took it off and still having the issue. When I click create a new record in the detail form of the entity it shows the error, which is weird behavior as I am creating a new record
    thanks for replying.

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you clear cache and rebuild after removing the "required" flag from the "signatureondelivery" field ?

If you did, and the message appeared again, try removing the required flag from the other eSignature field ("signature") in your entity as well, clear cache and rebuild.

If you want to force completion of a esignature field under a given scenario, use a dynamic handler as stated above instead of the GUI settings
      Last edited by telecastg; 09-29-2023, 04:48 PM.

Hi, I have cleared the cache and taken off the required check mark on both fields... still showing the error. In regards the dynamic handler is more difficult for me as I am not a programmer, I don't know what code should i use. thanks for help

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I have cleared the cache and taken off the required check mark on both fields... still showing the error
      The only time the message will show is when the field is flagged as "required". There are no other scenarios where the message will pop up.

Check your entityDefs json file to verify that both fields have the setting: "required": false then clear cache Administration > Clear cache and rebuild Administration > Rebuild then do a hard reload Ctrl+Shift+R in your browser and verify the entityDefs file again.

In regards the dynamic handler is more difficult for me as I am not a programmer, I don't know what code should i use
      Read the documentation, search for examples in the forum or post your question in the Developer help or General Help forums.
      Last edited by telecastg; 09-30-2023, 02:23 AM.

Just wondering if you don't use this logic in your business workflow. this is a pretty common scenario.

Comment

Just wondering if you don't use this logic in your business workflow. this is a pretty common scenario.

Comment

hi telecastg i was checking for a update on the app but looks like all links are no longer working, even your website?

Comment

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, there are no updates on any of our extensions.

We suspended sales of all extensions until we migrate to Espo 8 and test them, but we have not migrated as it is not a priority for us.

Sorry to all, but I can't buy/download the new eSignature extension from devcrm link: can you help me, please?

Comment

Working...
        X