randevular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randevular

I added an entity named appointments and created a relationship with people to this entity. What I want to do is when I add a new appointment, the previous appointments of that person will also appear. Thanks.

create a relationship with itself

Comment

When I establish a relationship with him, no data is coming. I tried all relationship types. I think he cannot bring the data because the person is not the primary field.

Comment

As I understand your configuration, you have an entity named appointments. What is people? Another entity? Or Contacts?.

Comment

"Yes, I have an entity called appointments. Contacts can request appointments. There's also an appointment status within the appointments. However, they can request appointments repeatedly. When they request an appointment again, I want to see that contact's appointments under the appointment entity."

Thanks.

Comment

Is there anyone who can help?

Comment

Generally - as I already answered - it is possible to link an entity to itself. The information you provide is not sufficient to give a more exact procedure.
              If you have the possibility to screen share, I could have a look inside.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

You create a relationship 1:n from Contact to Appointment, then you can choose as many appointments to the contact. In each appointment you will see the respective contact.
                  Understand, that relationships create the necessary fields, which you then can place in your entities. And when you place a new appointment, it will appear in the contact, the contact in the appointment.
                  To place more information about the appointment in the Contact, you must create aditional field and fetch the content by formula.
                  Another possibility for a more extended information from appointments to contact would be to use the extension Link Pro from Eblasoft.

And if you want to show the other appointments in every appointment, you can create a n:n relationship in appointments with itself. To have more fields, than just the name, you should use the extension mentioned above.

I attach a screenshot from my app, showing how a list of appointments could look like (don`t mind the remarks, it is only an example for the appearance). In the screenshot you see the related records displayed in the main entity. In your app this kist would be the appointments, displayed in contacts.

Comment

Working...
                  X