Conditionally disable the ability to create/edit entities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditionally disable the ability to create/edit entities

I have entity A with field "Status". This entity has relation to entity B.
    Is it possible to disable create and edit B entities related to entity A when A.Status is different from "Active"?

Hi kacper,

You can use the API before-save script which will throws a Conflict exception: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ethrowconflict.

To do this, go to Administration > Entity Manager > your entity B name > Formula > API Before Save Script and paste the following formula script:
    Code:
    // IMPORTANT: change entityA part to your entity A name in all the coincidences

$entityAStatus = record\attribute('EntityA-name', entityAId, 'status'); 

if (entity\isNew() && $entityAStatus != 'Active') {
        recordService\throwConflict("You can't create new entity B record when entity A status is different from Active.")
    }

if (entity\isNew() == false && $entityAStatus != 'Active') {
        recordService\throwConflict("You can't edit this record when entity A status is different from Active.")
    }

Comment

Hi, thanks for the answer. I wrote custom validation in PHP code for that, but I also want to disable ability to create and edit EntityB from the list in EntityA. As below. Is it possible with native Espo functions or should I modify this manually?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	141
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	99567

Comment

You can establish a sub-team with distinct roles (can't add entity B). If the status is active, the record should be assigned to the sub-team; otherwise, it should go to the main team.

Comment

kacper,

Based on your last screenshot and detailed explanation of the functionality you want, you can to do the following:

1. In Administration > Entity Manager > Entity A > Layouts > Bottom Panels > Enabled click on the pencil that involves editing​:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	102364​2. And > Field.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	102365

3. In the list of fields, select Status. After that, set the Status field equals to the Active option.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	102366

After saving the settings in Entity A, the Bottom Panels for Entity B will be displayed only when the record Status in Entity A is Active.

Click image for larger version

Views:	65
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	102369

If the record status in Entity A is Inactive, then the panel for Entity B will not be displayed.

​​Click image for larger version

Views:	66
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	102370
          Last edited by victor; 02-04-2024, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X