Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can a non-admin user edit their email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a non-admin user edit their email?

I have removed the following lines from /application/Espo/Resources/metadata/entityAcl/user.json:

"emailAddress": {
    "nonAdminReadOnly": true
    },​

The note "Global Restrictions NON-AdMIN READ-ONY" disappeared, but my users still can't edit their email addresses.

Last edited by Decepticon; 10-23-2023, 05:11 AM.

Have you given edit permission to the Users in the role that this Regular User has?
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I have. My users can update their name, phone number, address... but can't update their email.

Comment

Originally posted by Decepticon View Post
        Yes, I have. My users can update their name, phone number, address... but can't update their email.
        Maybe you have additional blocking permissions set for this field (screenshot 1)?
        Perhaps something is additionally specified in Dynamic Logic (screenshot 2).
        Also try to return lines:

HTML Code:
        "emailAddress": {
        "nonAdminReadOnly": false
        },​
        Attached Files

Comment

For anyone who read the thread in future. I highly not recommend to allow regular users to edit the email address field. It will cause a security issue.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
            For anyone who read the thread in future. I highly not recommend to allow regular users to edit the email address field. It will cause a security issue.
            I know that. I just want to know how users can edit the email field without actually implementing that.

Comment

Working...
            X