Data Extraction from a E-Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Extraction from a E-Mail

Is there a way to extract data from incoming e-mail and insert it into the system?

To make it more concrete, here is the use case:
    People register for different events via a homepage. The registration data is to be sent to the system by e-mail. The aim is that the people who register can be transferred to ESPOCRM as new contacts.
    I first wanted to solve this via an API, but since there is a large number of events, it would be easier to do this via e-mail.

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find anything on how to systematically recognise information from the e-mail or how to assign an entity at all.

Is there a possibility?​

it will be difficult to hence mapping which data of the email should go into the crm e.g how can you define what is the name of the contact or the description etc i think you might want to use LeadCapture which would allow you to capture the details from your home page form. then you can add formula to transfer (convert the lead into contact).

Comment

You can utilize matchExtract function https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ngmatchextract. If you have Advanced Pack, utilize the workflow tool to catch email creation and then execute formula with matchExctract that will parse your email body and do some actions with extracted data.

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
        it will be difficult to hence mapping which data of the email should go into the crm e.g how can you define what is the name of the contact or the description etc i think you might want to use LeadCapture which would allow you to capture the details from your home page form. then you can add formula to transfer (convert the lead into contact).
        Yes, that's right.
        Something that could make it easier is to structure the information from the e-mail, similar to a forum form. That could possibly make mapping easier.

I haven't looked much at converting to a lead, as each event had a completely separate page and so I would have to create a link per page. I thought I could increase the degree of automation via the email.​

Comment

i guess people subscribing to the events are using some form on your homepage to subscribe correct ? if that is the case it doesn't matter how many forms you have you could send the submitted data to the lead entity via lead capture. it is a powerful option and easy to set up. have a look at it.

Option provided by Yuri could work as well but not sure about the the content and requires a good knowledge of regular expression to extract each bit of data and then assign it to the contact entity.

Comment

Originally posted by VivAws View Post

Yes, that's right.
            Something that could make it easier is to structure the information from the e-mail, similar to a forum form. That could possibly make mapping easier.

I haven't looked much at converting to a lead, as each event had a completely separate page and so I would have to create a link per page. I thought I could increase the degree of automation via the email.​
            For a client we are currently implementing a solution like this based on webforms that send an email for each submission. We send the submissions to "forms@client.com" and set up an automation for each incoming mail that comes from "site@client.com"
            Since we control the email contents, we can easily use https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...g/#stringmatch (or one of the other match functions, thanks yuri !!).
            All other fields go to the Lead's description field, so we can account for changes to the email.

Ideally you would have have a form per event or send an api call to the web-to-lead endpoint, but in practice that might not be something you can control.

Comment

By email it is quite possible using formula.

Currently I have a few email which the sender use a template, when I get that email I use the formula to automatic Parent link it to my Case entity.

But you probably want to use Workflow for bigger system from the sound of what you trying to do

Comment

Working...
              X