Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to listenTo beforeRelate

Hi there.

I'm currently reworking an existing feature used in one of my extensions.
    The problem is that I can't find a way to add a
    Code:
    this.listenTo
    into my "View Setup Handler" to do exactly what I want to do.

Here is some detail of what I'm trying to do (with the demo as example) :

Step 1 : Open the "Select" modal to select a new "contact" (in this case) to relate to my "account" (in this case).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	269
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	93841

Step 2 : Select at least one contact
    (No screenshot needed)

Step 3 : Confirm the selection and relate the "contact" to the "account"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	168
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	93842

Step 4 : BEFORE the AJAX is sent to the server, I want my custom code to be executed. (The custom code will be in my view setup handler).

I hope I gave enough detail.​​

not sure why you mean by BEFORE the AJAX is sent to the server, I want my custom code to be executed. (The custom code will be in my view setup handler) ?

In recent version you can use a selectHandler to apply any logic you want when selecting related records.

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
      not sure why you mean by BEFORE the AJAX is sent to the server, I want my custom code to be executed. (The custom code will be in my view setup handler) ?

In recent version you can use a selectHandler to apply any logic you want when selecting related records.
      In what version was it implemented ?

Comment

i think since version 7.4

Comment

i think since version 7.4
          That's why I've never seen any "selectHandler", we're still in 7.1.11.

Is there a way of doing it without using a that ?
          I was thinking I would be able to do it using a view setup handler.

Comment

the view set up handler would allow you to change a view without extending a view not sure it would be the best practical option. why not just upgrade.

Comment

the view set up handler would allow you to change a view without extending a view not sure it would be the best practical option. why not just upgrade.
              It's not the good period to make an upgrade like this, we intend to upgrade in september.

Comment

so if i understand the you want to apply some logic once the related contacts are selected correct ?

Comment

so if i understand the you want to apply some logic once the related contacts are selected correct ?
                  I want to apply a front-end (JS) logic BEFORE the request (which will relate the contact and account together) is sent to the server.

Like a "beforeRelate" but in the JS not in the PHP.​

Comment

you can extend this https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...d-list.js#L513 and customise the selectRelated action to apply your logic before the records are selected

Comment

you can extend this https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...d-list.js#L513 and customise the selectRelated action to apply your logic before the records are selected
                      Ok I see, but where do I say to Espo that I want it only for one specific entity and one specific relation in this entity ?

Comment

you have to create a custom view for the relationship panel in the example above you have to create a custom view for the contacts relationship panel in the clientDefs of the account and you have to extend the relationship.js https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...elationship.js and you can customise the selectRelated and define your logic.
                        Last edited by rabii; 06-15-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Just curious what kind of logic you want to apply beforeRelate / select ? i would assume only logic you would apply here is adding a condition to select (show only certain records to select based on some condition)

Comment

Just curious what kind of logic you want to apply beforeRelate / select ? i would assume only logic you would apply here is adding a condition to select (show only certain records to select based on some condition)
                            I want to apply a logic that will eventually display a confirmation modal to the user.

Comment

what do you mean a confirmation modal ? before selecting the records or after selecting record ?

Comment

Working...
                              X